King Of My Heart

your love is a secret I'm hoping, dreaming, dying to keep....

(or the one where they say "i love you")

•••

Y/N's in love.

For two months she's been dating the most perfect man in the world, and there's no doubt she's fallen helplessly in love already. It was only two days ago that she made the discovery, a day she hopes can stay engraved in her mind forever.

It was a regular Tuesday, a call from Monica discussing Y/N's huge comeback show (Dior, nonetheless), and the typical calls between her and her best friends. Harry had walked into her kitchen while she was telling Maya about her new favorite dish (something Italian, unsurprisingly) when the beautiful man she finally got to call hers walked into her kitchen with the biggest smile on his face, and a beautiful spread of daises in his hand. He mouthed a quick Hi before setting the bouquet down, and making his way towards her to wrap his arms around her waist. Pressed a quick kiss to her cheek, and gestures towards the stairs to tell her he'll be in her room.

Y/N quickly ended her call (suddenly remembering her outfit for their date that night was laid out on her bed) and raced up the stairs to her bedroom to find Harry sitting on the edge of her bed petting the fabric of her dress.

The dress was a pretty sky blue color, along with small white flowers decorating the fabric of the dress.

"S'a pretty dress, where'd you get it from?" he asked as his finger skimmed across the square neckline.

"Present from Monica, she's really doing the most to make me feel happy and comfortable. I can't believe I'm returning modeling, and on the one year anniversary since my last show nonetheless." Y/N chuckled as she stared down at her dress for the night.

Harry smiled as he offered his girl both of his hands to rest hers in gently, spreading his thighs slightly so she could stand in between his legs. "I'm so proud of you, baby. I know it hasn't been an easy road for you, but you deserve all of this. Your heart is pure gold, you deserve all the good things that are happening to you." he spoke as he rubbed her hands softly, his eyes looking at her with pure adoration.

Y/N felt tears springing at the corner of her eyes, her heart full of so much love for the man sitting before her.

"Thank you, Harry. You have, no idea how much that means to me. You're my best friend," she whispered the last words, feeling Harrys hands squeeze hers when they finally left her mouth.

Harry had let go of her hands to let his right one rest on her waist, his left gesturing towards his lap to show her he wanted her to sit.

She flushed slightly, but obliged placing her legs on either side of his sides, their chests inches apart.

"Are your legs okay? I can move if it's too much weigh-"

"No, you're perfect. Practically nothing. Jus' want to be close to you, is that alright?" he asked, his voice sounding low and throaty as if he had just woken up.

She nodded some before going to rest her head on his shoulder, her arms going to wrap around his waist. He felt like home.

Yeah, she's pretty sure she's in love.

•••

Harry's in love.

He can't pinpoint the exact moment the thought settled in his head, but he does know that every time Y/N is near he feels a peace, like she is his home.

He knows that every time she so much as brushes her hand against his he feels so much warmth, as if she were setting his skin on fire from a simple touch.