13

You looked yourself in the mirror, checking your appearance one last time before heading downstairs. Your mom and dad had told you to wear something nice but casual, so you did instead of your sleeping clothes.

"Hey mom, hey dad." You waved at them as you made your way to where your mom was.

"Hi Y/n, could you take these and spread them round the table?"

You didn't hear her, you were to busy thinking. Your head was clouded with to many questions at once.

"Hello? Y/n snap out of it." Your mother laughed, snapping her fingers in front of your face.

You jumped at the small action. "Oh whoops. Sorry mom i'll take those for you." You grabbed the plates and silverware from out of her hands.

"How come you didn't answer the first time?" She crossed her arms.

"I was just zoning out I guess." You lied. You were thinking about what had happened earlier today.

You were genuinely confused, you had done some research and apparently Ranboo was some famous Twitch streamer and Youtuber. At first you thought maybe it was just a coincidence - but no it in fact was not. You clicked on one of his past streams, immediately recognizing his voice. He was actually quite funny, not only online but in person too. You had spent the whole day watching his streams which was somewhat weird knowing that you knew him in real life.

So now, you were sat here at the table wondering what you should do. You thought it over a billion times in your head. Maybe he didn't tell you for a reason. Maybe he wanted to keep it a secret cause he wasn't ready to tell anyone yet. You completely understood if he didn't want to tell you. You wanted him to feel comfortable with you and pretty much everything. Eventually you came to the conclusion on not telling him you knew about his channel. You were scared that if you did he would stop wanting to be friends with you.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard a loud ding coming from the door.

"Y/n that's them could you answer it for me please?"

You stood up and walked to the door. You reminded yourself not to accidentally mention the channel before opening the door. You were met with Ranboo's parents. It was right when you were in front of them when you realized his whole family was tall.

"Oh hello everyone um right this way." You stepped to the side to let them all in. Ranboo gave you a small smile as he passed by. You returned it. "My moms in the kitchen preparing everything but my dads at the table so you can go say hi."

Ranboo's mother gave you an unexpected hug. You didn't know what to do so you just awkwardly patted her back. "Thank you for letting us in dear, and look at this lovely set up over here did you set the table?" She gestured towards the table with her free hand, her other was occupied holding a bottle of wine.

You nodded, looking down at the floor.

"Nice job Y/n, now can you point me to the kitchen I want to show your mother the gift I got." She lightly shook the bottle in her hand.

"Oh yeah it's over there."

She mouthed 'thank you' to you before making her way to the kitchen. You immediately heard laughter soon after. You then looked to the table seeing Ranboo's father and your own already making conversation. Leaving you and Ranboo standing there awkwardly alone. You wanted to start a conversation but the only thing that came to mind was his channel and you promised yourself you wouldn't tell him you knew for the sake of your guys friendship.

You looked up at him, saying the first thing that came to mind. "So uh did I tell you that I collected all the pages?" You mentally slapped yourself.

His eyebrow rose in confusion. "The pages?"

You nodded. "Yeah the pages. You know like slenderman? I figured since your so tall and- you know never mind forget it, it was a dumb joke."

You thought he would be awkward about it to, but instead he broke out in laughter. "Pft- you decided to use a slenderman reference to break the ice?"

Your face became red from embarrassment. "Well yeah it's not like you were going to do anything to strike up a conversation! Plus the idea was just to genius not to say."

He continued laughing. "Haha nerd!" He poked you on the forehead.

You pushed his hand away, rolling your eyes. "Oh shut up you have to admit it was clever."

He crossed his arms. "Alright alright i'll give you ten points for cleverness."

"What do you mean ten points we aren't keeping score for things we do."

"Not yet anyways. I say we start just randomly docking and giving points to each other whenever we do something the other person likes or dislikes. What do you say." He held out his hand for you to shake.

You glanced down at it before taking it and giving it a firm shake. "I say your on lamppost."

He scoffed at the nickname.

"Alright you two come sit down at the table dinners ready." Your mother said, catching both of your guys attentions.

You both nodded, quickly letting go of each other's hands. You both jokingly glared at each other before taking a seat with everyone else.