Chapter 28: One Kiss

We made it to the dorms and Celia and Uma stayed in Audrey's dorm while Mal, Evie, and I searched around campus

We made it to the dorms and Celia and Uma stayed in Audrey's dorm while Mal, Evie, and I searched around campus. Sadly, we found nothing. Evie opened the bedroom door. "She's nowhere on campus." Evie announces, walking into the room. Looking around, I see Uma reading Audrey's diary in her bed and Celia sitting at her vanity, trying on her jewelry. "Found her diary." Uma adds. "And dang, did you ruin Audrey's life." I give her a sarcastic smile. "Ok. So, did you find anything in there that we don't already know or..." Mal asks. Uma sighs. "She hangs out at Fairy Cottage. You know, where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hid her mom from your mom." "Yes." I fake laugh. "The irony is not lost on me." "How could anyone with this bed ever be unhappy ?" Uma spreads out and gets comfortable on her bed. I roll my eyes at her.

Celia speaks up from the vanity. "Ok. How do I look ?" She turns in the chair to face us. Evie turns and sighs with a small smile. "Ok. The bling stays here." Celia sighs, upset. "But she's bad." "And we're not." I speak up, standing next to Evie. Celia turns back to the mirror and starts to take off the jewelry. I looked around the room. "Ok, well, she's not here. The boys are looking for Ben and Liam so why don't we head to Evie's cottage and wait for them there." I looked around to see if anyone objected and when no one did, I headed for the door. "Well, let's go."

******************************************************
We walked through the woods and finally reached the cottage. We stopped in front of it and I sighed, looking down. "I really hope they found Ben and he's ok." Mal puts a hand on my shoulder. "I hope they found Liam too." I smiled back at my sister. Uma looks at the cottage before them. "Nice digs." Evie smirks. "I got a really good deal." We head for the door. When we enter, we see the twins asleep on one side of the couch and Dizzy and Diana on the other. Celia notices Dizzy squirming and hugging Diana tighter. Celia goes up to her. "It's ok. Shh ! It's ok." The four of us looked on in sadness. Celia takes a blanket and covers the four of them. "Don't worry, Dizzy. We can fix this. And once we do, they're gonna let all the kids come from the Isle. So, happy dreams."

Mal looked down, knowing that the border was actually closing, but I missed it. I smiled at the four kids and made a promise to myself that this would be true. We then hear snoring coming from Evie's sewing room. We walk in and see Doug asleep on the ground. I giggle at him. "Uh, who's this dude ?" Uma asks. "Doug." Evie says while walking over to check on him. "Doug." She shakes him. "Wake up." She shakes him again. "Wake up." She tries again. Uma decides to try and stop her. "He's spelled." Uma looks at Mal and I. "Is she not a fast learner ?" Mal rolls her eyes. "She's emotionally involved, ok ?" "Well, in that case, she should be able to wake him up." I smile once again, knowing what is about to happen. Evie looks up at us, confused. Uma gives her a fake smile. "True love's kiss. Works every time." Evie takes in a breath. "Well, we haven't actually used the "L" word yet." Uma just sighs. Evie looks back at Doug before looking at us. "Can we be alone ?" Mal nods and we start to walk out. I look back and smile at her. "You got this." I whispered, before following the other two.

Evie (Miranda, Mal, Uma/ All)
Don't freak out
'Cause true love can save the day
And I think we feel the same
But I don't know
When we met it was sweet
He was oh so into me
Seems like things are meant to be
But I don't know

Does he love me?
Or does he love me not?
Do I love him?
And is it strong enough?

One kiss
One kiss
It all comes down to this
One kiss
One kiss
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
One kiss
One kiss
This moment could be it
And I-I-I wanna know
So here I go-oh-oh-oh-oh

Keep it cool, keep it calm
Think he's loved me all along
But maybe I got it wrong
So I don't know
He's so good got my back
But maybe I'm just too bad
Could we be a perfect match?
No I don't know

Does he love me?
Or does he love me not?
Do I love him?
And is it strong enough?
Oh-oh-oh-oh

One kiss
One kiss
It all comes down to this
One kiss
One kiss
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
One kiss
One kiss
This moment could be it
And I-I-I wanna know
So here I go
Yeah here I go

I feel my heartbeat beating
Saying it's gonna work
But if I'm dream, dream, dreaming
This is gonna hurt
Either I will or I won't
What if I do and you don't?
Is he my Romeo?
Oh, there's only one, one way
To really know

(Instrumental)

Hey
One kiss
One kiss
It all comes down to this
One kiss
One kiss
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
One kiss
One kiss
This moment could be it
I-I wanna know
So here I go
Here I go
Here I go
Here I go

While Evie was dealing with Doug, the three of us walked to the kitchen. I couldn't stop pacing, worried for Ben. This whole day started off so weird and I just needed to see him to calm my heart, knowing that he was ok. Uma and Celia helped themselves to the cake meant for Jane, but I guess it didn't matter now. Mal walked over to Uma. "That was a really great idea, to check Audrey's room. Now, we know that we're on the right track." Uma looks up at her from her seat at the table. "Is there an insult in there that I missed ?" Mal smiles and gives a small laugh. "Just... I wanted to thank you." I smile at the two, happy that they are finally becoming, I wouldn't say friends, but friendly with each other.

I decided that I couldn't do much by pacing so I grabbed a seat at the table and cut myself and Mal a piece of cake. I sat next to Mal and Mal sat across from Uma. "I don't know whose birthday it is, but I want this cake." Mal and I chuckled at Uma's comment. "So, I maybe kind of missed the boat a little bit on calling you Shrimpy and not letting you join the gang. Miranda tried to convince me otherwise and I can see why she stayed friends with you." Uma sighs. "Ya. We really could've torn up the aisle together."

A bang is heard from the door and we gasp, looking towards it. More are heard in rapid succession. It looked like the doors and windows were being boarded up. We got up out of our seats and Celia came downstairs. "Celia !" I called out for her. She ran towards us. "We're trapped." Evie runs in the room with Doug on her heels. As much as I would love to have teased her, it didn't seem like the right time. "Are you guys ok ? What's going on ?" Mal stepped forward with her arms out and her eyes glowed. "You've caused my friends pain and fear. We've had enough, now disappear !" We looked around, but nothing happened.

"You guys, I'm sorry. My spells aren't working. Audrey's magic is getting stronger." Uma's locket started to glow. We looked at each other before stepping on to both sides of Mal and grabbing her hands. "You've  caused our friends pain and fear. We've had enough, now disappear." After a few seconds, the boards fell to the ground. We all gasped out happily. "You did it." Evie looks at three of us. "Together. This is what I've been talking about." Uma and Mal nod. "I guess my shell likes you." Mal chuckles. Uma gets the ember out and hands it to Mal. "Why don't you hold on to that ?" They fist bump and laugh.

Celia runs to the door, looking out. She turns to us and smiles. "Hey, it's your baes." I smile and run towards the door. Ben !