Chapter 1: The Proclamation

Prince Ben stares out of the bedroom window, across the water, towards the Isle of the Lost

Prince Ben stares out of the bedroom window, across the water, towards the Isle of the Lost. As he stared out the window, he was almost oblivious to the tailor that was fitting his suit until the tailor turned his head forward and measured it.

"Sleeve. Head. Ah-ha !" said the tailor, moving him.

The door opened and their parents walked in.

"How is it possible that you're both going to be crowned king next month ? You're just babies !" said Beast, surprised.

"They're turning 16, dear." said Belle.

"Hey, pops." said Ben and Liam, simultaneously.

"16 ? That's far too young to be crowned Kings. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." said Beast.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." said Belle, annoyed.

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot." said Beast. Liam laughs. "Kidding."

"Mom." said Ben.

"Dad." said Liam.

"Ah ! Nn-nnh !" said the tailor, stopping Liam from moving around.

"We've chosen our first official proclamation." said Liam.

"We've decided that the children on the Isle should be given a chance to live here in Auradon." said Ben.

Beast and Belle looked at both of them in shock. Belle made a squeaking sound as she dropped the coat that she was holding.

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." said Ben, remembering his dream yesterday night, of a girl with auburn hair and kind blue eyes yet she was from the Isle of the Lost.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us ?" said Beast, absurdly.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. We've already chosen them." said Liam, looking at the anger in his father's face.

"Have you ?" said Beast. Belle looks at her husband.

"I gave you a second chance." said Belle, reassuring her husband as he frowns. "Who are their parents ?"

"Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen..." said Ben.

"And Maleficent." said Ben and Liam, leaving everyone shocked.

"Maleficent ! She is the worst villain in the land !" said Beast, shouting out his words.

"Dad, just hear us out here !" said Ben.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." said Beast, glaring angrily at his sons.

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life ?" said Liam.

"Dad ?" said Ben and Liam, simultaneously.

"I suppose their children are innocent." said Beast, nodding his head as he went to leave the room.

"Well, well done. Shall we ?" said Belle, smiling while fixing their shirts. She then walks out of the room with her husband.