Chapter Three-The Ungrateful Lady

(((Picture of Regal's Elven Hall that's armed by Vampire Guards)))

And Scottish twin brothers The Reid's, cult 1988 classic song, "I would walk  (500 miles)", which is the next song on the 'We are mad...' soundtrack, right in the media section.

Warning: It is rated Mature for sex references, adult themes.

You must be 15 years and over to see and hear it.

***

I slept near the ungrateful Lady.

She was someone who lived the High Society life.

But I knew the truth...

...And she knew it, too.

***

And the cold, northerly breeze wafted through the night. It forced a freezing snow to hit Madness Mountains; it forced the snow to cover the Inns, roads, and bridges that held the town together; it snowed so much that, for the month of January, the villagers were cut off.

And, in the darkness, a group of Death Witches held vigil in their covens. Their eyes turned a black color; their black hats were shining bright; their black gowns shifted down the empty roads, as if their kind hadn't decided who would be out at this time of night.

And, in the end, their ears homed in on the Inn's silence...

...And they were about to show how powerful they could be, when a carriage came down the grey, cobbled, road...

...And stopped their thoughts of murder in their hateful minds.

***

I was asleep when they arrived.

The witches were irritating to me.

They arrived at 12:22 AM.

And it became a problem for the Vampire's Guards. They saw me raise my tired eyes. And I got up, let them grab their scythes, and yelled:

"HALT!".

One of the witches waved her wand.

And the Guard crumpled to the ground, dead.

All of them stopped during their Night Post.

They were afraid.

***

I strode down the hall, then focused on them.

My gown was illuminating the carpet; my light keeper's lamp illumed the witch's faces. "It's been a long time since you've arrived at Madness, Dresmondra. How are you fearing at Mist Gate woods?", I asked.

"Mist Gate is a rabble. So many Vampires who want to go through the portals. And they're not as strong as the Carnavans...Or Balaigns. Of course, I haven't met anyone in the Village of Vampires complain".

"No. But you're killing people now. It's too bold of you to show up here...And demand things. Or, to use your powers to take care of Guards. They never attacked you".

"No. But it was fun. Yet, to me, death is one facet of many facets. In short, nothing will come out of my work. Or my coven Sisters".

"Yes!", Edwoandra said.

"Yes!", Sylverra added.

"Fine, but I will kill all of you if you kill more people". I moved forward. Dresmondra, whose black gown lifted off the ground, hissed.

"Do not order our deaths, Rose. I know you. And you willingly murdered that lycanthrope. And your parents in cold blood".

"Yes, I did. One, to stop the werewolf attacking the town of Madness. And Two, two kill Mom and Dad, because of the curse, since they were bitten. I had to be done". And I waited for them to do something, just as the Ungrateful Lady walked towards us...

...And took out her butcher knife.

***

Blorhan awoke.

"Pray tell, what is it going on?", he asked.

"Nothing, yet. Just a witch problem", I answered. And he glared at the dead Guards. "Regal will be dead once he sees more bodies".

"Yes, but Dresmondra has particular tastes". It wasn't a joke. She lived in the time of fear. Fear started back in 1626, when Lord Harold Carnavan died in London, England. England was far away from Madness; England wasn't in Madness Town.

***

Lady Garogher, II, glided down the hall.

She was fuming.

"How care you disturb my sleep?", she yelled. She gripped a candle from the wall. She noticed the Lightkeeper, Rose, and the Prince.

"M'Lady, the Guards must be taken care of. Regal will be informed. Sadly, everyone...". And then there was more banging coming from outside...

...And the Prince opened the door...

...And saw a group of Dark Elves holding candles in their gloved hands...

...And wanting to come inside.

***

Avros walked down the hall.

He ignored the Guards.

"My, I do hate to lose my love of death. Death is one aspect of power. And it is a dream to find such a weird, mad, group in one Inn. Avros, at your service".

And I grinned...as he saw the terror on the witch's faces.

***

"Let me let you go in. If there's no further trouble, then Regal...and Lady Rose...won't kick you all out. Deal!", Avros said.

"Yes!", Dremondra, Edwoandra, and Sylverra, followed the Vampire into the foyer. "Overnight stay is $60 per night", I said.

"Fine, peace will happen for now". Dresmondra said.

***

And the other two witches agreed, as they yawned...

...And was taken to their separate rooms...as the early morning sun hit the elven windows. I heard Regal open his room...

...And stare at the witches with shock on his face.

Page 4.