Chapter 22

Sam's POV

I was just about finished packing my bag when the door opens. I turn around to expect Dean with dinner. "Val?!" She stands at the door covered in mud. I run over and give her a hug. "It's been a year." I wipe off the dirt that got on to my shirt. You know how you don't see someone for a really long time and they look so different? Well, I'm not getting that with Val. The website was right, she stops growing at 12.

She starts to cry. "I've missed you. Where's Dean?"

"Getting food. He's been taking a long time though. Maybe we can walk over to the take..." I look back at Val and she wasn't there anymore.

Dean's POV

I look down at my watch, I've been in this stupid line for who-knows-how long! Titling my head out if the line I see a small, old lady wasting my time.

"DEAN!" Valerie's voice echoes in my head. It is 't real, Dean, Val is dead. You buried her yourself a year ago. I put my focus back on the line. My eyes wander around looking at the people not doing their jobs! No wonder why it's taking so long! Something flashes in the corner of my eye and I quickly look.

I see Valerie disappear right when I look. You're going crazy, I tell myself. Just think about food.

"Dean, listen to me!" I hear her say.

"Shut up." I say accidentally out loud. The old lady turns around and gives me a dirty look. An image of Valerie flashes by the bathroom. "Sorry, not you, miss." I awkwardly say before shuffling out of the line.

I head towards the bathroom and look in. Someone in the fast-food restaurant screams. Quickly, I pull out my gun filled with rock-salt.

Someone pushes me and I turn. I almost pull the trigger in surprise. I hear more screaming and see stupid teens laughing and screaming.

Val stands in front of me out of breath. It was really her. I pull her into my arms.

"Mr Winchester, rocking the beard." She laughs. She pulls away from our hug. "No really, you should shave."

"Don't worry, I will." I rub my hand on my out of control stubble.

Valerie's POV

I've missed the brothers. Even though I didn't realize it's been a year since I've seen them, it felt like forever. I could feel the other me's get angry with what I was doing. I didn't care, just because I'm a Demon doesn't mean I don't have feelings. Just to make them angry, I think about how Dean's a better Dad than Crowley.

We decided to celebrate and pretend that nothing had happened. It was fun to sit down and enjoy ourselves.

"Sorry, to ruin the happy moment and all, but we need to know what happened." Sam interrupts. I sigh, I knew it was going to show up soon.

"How are you back?" Dean cuts to the chase.

"You know, down there, um, I met my father. All my memories came back. I saw my family." The next part, I mumble. "And I became a full Demon." I smile, hoping they didn't hear that.

"A Demon?" Dean looked. "You can't even say hell, but you're a Demon?!" He laughs in some sort of angrily fashion.

"You do know why you were born, right?" Sam stands up to look intimidating.

"I do, but I need your help." The boys look at me.

"We're not helping you." Sam says. I bet he knows exactly why I need there help.

"I have to do this, please."

Before Sam says no again, Dean cuts in, "We'll help."

"What? No!" Sam yells.

"If you don't I will." Dean says.

"We can't let her keep the gate open! Think about it, Dean! She's a Demon!" My stomach turns, I wish he didn't call me one. I didn't choose to be one.

"I don't care." Dean holds my hand and smiles. "I'll help you." He looks back at Sam and says, "She's still Valerie. Demon or no Demon."

"Exactly! Valerie is the Demon. She isn't possessed. Technically, she's still dead." Sam protests. My stomach turns again. Stop calling me that.

"Sam, I'm helping her." Dean pauses. "Give me a chance, okay? When you went off with Ruby, I tried to stop you, but still you helped her."

"That's not fair, I though she was good."

"Well, maybe Valerie is good." Dean stand up for me. He heads towards the door. "I believe, no, I know she's good at heart."

"She doesn't have a..." Dean walks outside and shuts the door.