Chapter 7

Dean's POV

"Dean," I look up to Sam. "You aren't eating and it's a cheeseburger. What's up?" I push the cheeseburger away. I wasn't even in the mood to look at the waitresses.

"Did I do the right thing?"

"You did the best you could do."

"Then why do I have the urge to go back and get her?" I mumble. "There's like an empty void inside of me."

"If you were to get her back, it would fill your void, but she would have to live the horrible life we did. Understand?" Sam leans forward.

"Nevermind."

Valerie POV

School! Huh! I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back. There's nothing like going to a new school more than half way through the year. It actually wasn't that bad. I actually made a bunch of friends. Maybe I can get used to this life, new home and new family.

I lay in my bed, but I can't sleep. Once again, I feel like someone's watching me. Putting my cover over my head has helped me sleep the last few days. Though, I still hear every sound in the house. I hear a gust of wind and my heart explodes. Fear fills the remains of my heart. I haven't felt like this in a while.

Slowly, I take the sheets off my head one by one. Until I only had one left. Even through the sheet I see a sillouette of him. Before I could actually take it off, it gets wiped off by Castiel.

"You can't hide from me." He simply says. I crawl backwards, hiding myself in the corner of the room. My back hits the wall and I jump. "You shouldn't be here."

"Here, as in Lisa's house?"

"Alive. I only gave Lisa's memory back because I needed Dean to get his mind off Purgatory. Now you've corrupted my plan." I don't think Castiel has ever been this way, except to me. My mind ponders why I shouldn't be alive. "Now, this is going to be the last time I ask you this..."

"Here we go again..." I wince at the thought of what he might do.

"Who is your father?" Castiel steps toward me. I rather not answer, but I need to try something to get rid of him before I have a heart attack.

"Tyler Scott." I say it with a quiet frightened voice. I swear that Castiel's eyes get a shade darker. In one quick motion he puts his hand inside me. He doesn't take his time, he goes straight for the soul. I scream. I could feel his nails scrathing my soul. Tears come to my eyes.

Castiel turns around and Ben hits him with a baseball bat. Castiel falls to the ground and Ben came to my side. "Are you okay?" I nod as Lisa runs in the room. She sees Castiel on the floor and gasps.

"What was he doing to you?" Lisa holds me in a bear hug while we watch Ben tie Castiel up.

"He was trying to look in my soul."

"No comment," Ben says. Ben picks up the phone and dials a number. "I'm calling Dean." I run out of Lisa's arms and push the phone out of his hands.

"No, Castiel wouldn't like that."

"So, if he'a been hurting you then he should be punished." Lisa agrees with Ben.

I look back at where Castiel was and of coarse he wasn't there. "He's already gone, so it doesn't matter." I leave them and I hear them whispering. When my head hits the pillow I immeadiatly fall asleep as if notging happened.

"Good Morning!" Lisa opens my curtain. I hide from it like a fictional vampire. "Time for school, Valerie." When my eyes get used to the light I see red markings on the windows.

"What's that?" I say pointing to the blood.

"Val, when you were asleep, we called Sam and Dean. They *angel proofed* the house.

"They were here and you didn't wake me up?" Finding out that Dean was in my room without telling me made me sad. I would've loved to see him again.

"We all thought it would be best." Lisa looks at me sadly and then she perks up a bit. "C'mon get ready."