Chapter Five: Blazing Hot!

I pounded my fist on the air conditioner. The stupid thing wouldn't turn on! No wonder, we had it about I don't know.. eight year's!! It's about a hundred degrees in here! Would it kill my dad to buy a fan!? Today I didn't care about my anxiety, I threw on a pair of shorty short's and a tank top. It's too hot to be wearing long clothing. Brook and Riley thought the same and it didn't stop the boy's from being shirtless. We're too hot to give a crap about their super model,tanned bodies.

A pack of ice rested on my chest, we're too tired to walk to the lake. Sam managed to fall asleep during all of this. Riley fanned herself with a cloth "Could it get any hotter!" she complained.

Matt opened the fridge "There's nothing to drink, not even a cold bottle of water?" he asked.

Brook shrugged "No one went shopping"

Matt groaned "Then what are you girls waiting for? An invitation to go buy food!"

Brook threw her hand's in the air "You don't have to be so rude about it!" she yelled. I never seen Matt so intense, I guess the heat is getting to his head.

He sighed "I'm sorry Brook, it's just so hot"

Brook placed her hand's on her hips quickly forgiving him. She looked at me then to Riley "What are you girls waiting for? Let's go"

*Targets Supermarket*

Riley and I stocked up on food and snacks instead of going for the basic items. I don't understand, if Brook liked Matthew so much and wanted me to back off so bad. Why aren't together? Brook grabbed a couple of items from the food aisles. Our shopping cart is filled with.

-Hot pockets

-Cereal

-Juice and Soda

-Frozen Pizza

-Hamburger's and Hot dog's

-Fruit Roll ups and Gushers

-Ice Cream and Pizza Rolls

-Brownies and Cookie's

-Chips and Fruit

-Lunchables and much more junk food.

I turned the corner with my friend's going into the cosmetic aisle. Riley ran over to the magazine's. Picking up the tween seventeen magazine, her manicured orange nails flipping the pages. "Oh my gawd!!"

"What?" Brook and I said in unison

Riley literally shoved the magazine in our faces. "Selena Gomez and Josh Hutcherson are dating!!!" she jumped up and down screaming.

A woman and her baby walked past, staring at her like she's a complete lunatic who just escaped the mental ward home.

"I thought Selena was with Justin Bieber?" I asked dumbfounded

Riley grabbed my shoulder's and began shaking me. "You are so late Chloe! They broke up month's ago!"

I'm not really a fan of Justin so how am I suppose to know!? Brook cracked a smile telling us to be quiet. What is it?

"Riley?" a deep teen male voice echoed behind us. Riley turned around. It was like a deer in the head lights! Ha-ha.

"Sean?" she asked softly and unsure. Her eyes widened "Sean!!" she jumped into his arms. It was like love at first sight.

He wrapped his big buff, muscled hand's around her "Oh how much I missed you Lia" he whispered softly into her ear. I wish I could have a guy hold me and care for me like that. She use to go on and on about this guy telling us he is the one. He loved her and she loved him. I couldn't feel anything but happiness for my best friend!