Chapter 13

*1 year later*

"Mom?" "Yes sweetie?" "Can I go over to Cole's house?" "Sure. Oh, and when you go can you bring that bag of stuff that I have to Sophie." "Yeah sure." "Oh, and you can also Invite everyone over for dinner. It'll be like old times." "What do you mean?" "Well, your dad, Rosilyn, Carlos, and I were all like best friends when we were a little older than you." "Wait, Really?" "Yeah." "Okay, I'll let Cole know." "Alright sweetie." "I'll see you later." "Okay, have fun." Jayde left the house and I stood in the kitchen. I finished washing the dishes, and there was a knock on the door. I walked over to it and opened the door. "Hi." I said as I hugged Milos. "Hey." "Oh, so I was thinking tonight we could have dinner with Rosilyn, Carlos, and their kids." "Sounds great!" I kissed his cheek and walked back in the kitchen. I sat on the kitchen counter, and talked with Milos, for quite some time.

*An hour later*

"I'm really happy that you're back." "Me too." "And, I'm also happy that you wanted to be here for your daughter." "Our daughter." I smiled and he kissed my lips. "I'm really sorry I wasn't here the first 14 years of her life. But I'm happy that I'm here now." I wrapped my arms around him and placed my head on his shoulder. "I'm back mom!" I heard. I laughed and then she walked in, "Oh sorry, did I interrupt something?" "No, it's fine." "Hi dad." She said as she hugged him. "Oh yeah, they said that they can come over for dinner. But then they said to tell you that we should do dinner at their house." "Oh okay, perfect." "So dad?" "Hm?" "Since we have a few hours before dinner, do you wanna go out and get some ice cream?" Milos looked to me and I just smiled. "Why not!?" "Have fun you two."

(Milos POV)

(A/n: ik I haven't done this, but trust me it helps with the story.)

"I have a BIG question for you." Jayde said to me. "Okay, ask away." "When are you going to propose to mom?" "What!?" "Come on! I know you want to!" "I do, but I'm not sure that's what your mom wants right now." "Come on! You two are sooooo in love and its painful to see nothing else happen!" She ate a bit of ice cream, and the. Said, "And, I even have a ring for you." "Where did you get a ring?" "It was grandmas. She gave it to Rosilyn like 20 years ago or something, and she told her to give it to the guy she thought would end up proposing to mom. So she gave it to me, to give it to you." "Bu-" She pulled out the ring. "Come on dad!!!!" "I don't know." "You can do it tonight! When we are at the dinner with Cole and his family!" "Why the hell not?" "Wait! Actually!?!!" "Yeah." I said as I laughed a bit. "MY PARENTS ARE GETTING MARRIED!" "She hasn't even said yes." "Okay, but everyone knows she will."

*6 and a half months later*

(Ember POV)

Today is the day, the day I marry the man I love. I'm nervous, I have no idea why, but I just am. "Mom! You look beautiful!" Jayde said as she hugged me. "Thank you sweetie." "OMG ITS TIME!" I took a deep breath and everyone lined up. My dad wasn't here to walk me down the isle. So I brought the next best thing. My best friend. "You ready?" "As ready as I'll ever be." Everyone walked out, and now it was my turn. I looked ahead and saw Milos. He looked amazing. As we got up there Rosilyn was about to go to where she was supposed to stand (She's the maid of honor) and she looked to Milos and said, "If you hurt her I swear on god you won't live." Everyone laughed except Milos. He knew she was dead serious.

*Time skip*

"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife, you may kiss your bride." We both leaned in. We were an inch from each other. "I love you." He whispered before our lips pressed together. This kiss was the most passionate kiss I had ever shared with anyone. As we pulled apart I hugged him tightly. "I love you too." Then Jayde hugged us both tightly. "I'm so happy!" She said with tears in her eyes.

*Time Skip*

We were sitting down and I said, "So we actually wanted to ask you some Jayde." "Okay, what is it?" "How would you feel about changing you name?" Milos asked. "What do you mean?" "Like, how would you feel about changing your last name to Guzel?" "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!" I nodded and she said, "I would love to!" She hugged us and I kissed the top of her head. It only took 14 years, but we are finally a family.