Chapter 2

We got to this HUGE mansion. And standing outside were 7 guys. "What took you so long boss?" One guy said. "I had to wait for our special guests." He said as he motioned to us. "Damn babes, you can't be looking that hot. I have a job to be doing." A guy said to Rosilyn. "Speaking of job, what are we doing here?" I asked. "I told you. You are helping us get into that house. We need to get to Mr. Kaine to deal with some... Business." "Wait, how do we know they won't snitch?" Another guy said. "Because, they owe me." He said, then Rosilyn but in, "Plus, snitches get stitches." "I'm still confused as to what we are doing here." I said as I motioned to me and Rosilyn. "You are going to flirt with Mr. Kaine's body gaurd. That way we can get to him." I rolled my eyes and said, "Let's get this over with so we can be done with you all for good." Rosilyn and I walked through the gate and to the door. We rung the doorbell and then there was a man. I looked over my shoulder to see the boy nod letting me know that this was the guy. "What can I do for you two young lady." The buff man asked. "Well, we needed to use a phone, but our phones are dead. We didn't mean to disturb such a handsome man." Rosilyn said. She continued to flirt with the man until he said, "Why don't you ladies come inside, you can Barrow my phone." He walked inside and we followed. Right before I closed the door I winked to the group of boys. I left the door unlocked and we went with the man to grab his phone. After a few moments I saw the boys sneak in the house through the front door. The man kept flirting with us causing me to be uncomfortable. I know this was a job, but it still felt disgusting. I mean I'm 16, and this man is well over 30. As we were talking to the man there were 4 loud bangs. Each one making me jump. The man ran upstairs, and all of the boys ran out with another loud bang. Rosilyn and I were both picked up and carried outside. We got a good distance from the mansion when everyone stopped Rosilyn and I were set down. "Are you okay?" The boy asked. "What happened?" "He made the first shot. We fired back. There were 12 people in that house, only 9 made it out." "Oh God." "I need to get you home." "No! You have done enough." "Look, I'm only trying to help you." I was terrified by what just happened. Before I knew it Rosilyn and I were walking next to the boy. We got to my house and he said, "If you ever need me, I'll be there." "What!? Why?" "You earn the trust of my gang, we protect you for life." "I don't even know your name." He took a deep breath and said, "My name is Milos." "Ember." I said back. "Now I better be on my way." "But wait, how am I supposed to contact you if I need help?" "I'll just know." He turned around and walked away. Rosilyn and I went into my room and got changed back into our PJ's. "So that happened."  "I guess so." We both laid down and went to sleep.

*The next morning*

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!" My alarm clock blared. I turned it off and sat up.  I shook Rosilyn so she would wake up. "I had the craziest dream." She said as she sat up. "Hey, me too." "Wait, was the dre-" "Milos." "It wasn't a dream!?" "FUCK!" "What do we do. We helped murder three fucking people!" "I-I don't know." "We need to see him again." "What!? No way! I'm not going to see a murderer." "What choice do we have. We need to know what happened last night. And yesterday, to that old man." "I know, bu-" "No but's." "We don't even know where to find him." "The farthest place from the crime scene." "The movie theater." We both nodded. "Okay, well let's go." "Wait, first we should change our clothes." "Yeah." We went to my closet and Rosilyn barrowed my clothes again.

Rosilyn's outfit:

Ember's outfit:

We walked downstairs, and there was a note

We walked downstairs, and there was a note. "Your dad and I will be out all day, we probably won't be back until really late. There is some money in the envelope under the paper for you and Rosilyn to do something today. Have fun girls, and be careful." "Well now we don't need a reason to be leaving." I said. We grabbed the money and got in my car. We drove th the theater and then walked in. We got tickets for a movie we didn't plan on seeing. We just wanted to find Milos. We walked into the theater and Rosilyn said, "Okay, I'll check that side. And you check that one." I nodded and we separated.