Dias De Muertos at church ??

☆Time lapse four months.☆

Four months. Four months since my parents and siblings' deaths. They were murdered in front of me in cold blood. After their deaths the governor vanished completely though not before he attacked the prison so now we're back on the road going to some 'Terminus' place.

But that's not all.
Dale, Lori,Beth,Hershel,Sophia,Merle and Bob are dead. Andrea is missing probably dead along with the governor.
Today is the one day the group would get together and share funny stories,memories and even photos of our loved ones who are gone. We took the name from the Mexican holiday. Day of the dead.

Daryl and I are engaged. We also have a couple of new additions to the group. The first being little Judith. Rick's newborn baby daughter. Then the second being Abraham with Rosita, Eugene and sasha. Well Hershel told me with death and loss comes life and recovery. It's a shame his death counted towards our so called 'recovery.'

Me,Maggie and Rosita are like sisters. We're basically inseparable. Unless Daryl drags me away. We're on the road going to terminus when I hear church bells. Actual church bells. Daryl stops the car. Obviously he hears it or Rick has stopped his car. Again. Rick climbs out and me and Daryl follow suit.

"Cars running on fumes and it's getting late. We need to find somewhere to camp." At the word camp the church bells rang out again. Rick looked about.  "Get everyone together, we're going to church."

We stumble through the forest until a lone whitewashed church come into view.  I speed up to it and bang the doors. They open almost instantly. We all barrel into the church and barricade the doors.

We all breathe a sigh of relief. No walkers in sight but we s ope the place out anyway. I open a door to find the biggest stash of food ever that even includes baby milk. I cry with relief and grab as much as I can. I run out to the group to show my findings and see the most rarest thing. Happiness.

It grows when I enter the room. Carl, michonne and Daryl run to help. Rick walks over and takes the baby milk for Judith. Dinner for once was peaceful and happy. Everyone laughing and smiling. Once dinner was over and done with we all picked out sleeping spots. Rick, Carl and Judith slept near the food stash and everyoneelse took a row of pews making them into little makeshift rooms.

When me and Daryl had finished setting up. I was exhausted. I put out the sleeping bags and crawled into mine instantly. I was asleep in seconds.

Daryl POV

Watching Rose sleep in peace comforted me. I knew she was safe and happy. When I proposed four months ago, I have to say my life got a whole lot brighter. We make quite a team and when she went straight to the room her knife poised, I was proud.

The lessons paid off. Rose is also a great impact on the group when she brought out all the food including baby milk everything was  better. And I couldn't help but think she's mine.

The next day we all woke up to a loud banging noise outside the church doors and muttering. "Oh I've done it again, in the name of the holy one why am I so stupid." We all looked at each other. Rose beckoned to me," its the pastor, I seen him through a gap in the wall" and we walked cautiously to the door. I nodded to three and she yanked her door open,gun pointed outside.

"You.inside.now." her voice was hard and stern. The pastor's  voice sounded scared but defiant. "Yea cuz I'm really going to take orders from a lone woman. Sorry hun I take orders from the holy one himself." She smirked and glanced at me. I moved from my space and walked up behind her. " Get yer preaching ass in here."

The pastor gulped and wiped his hands on his trousers. "Oh-okay" he entered first then Rose then me closing the door behind me. I hear the pastor gasp. "Oh,oh my,there's a lot of you." Rose smiles. "Yea so therefore I'm not alone." She walks over and slides her hand in mine.

☆couple hours later☆
The pastor told us his story. About how he tridd to open his doors to innocent people who were then ripped apart by walkers. "I heard them calling , no screaming my name and there was nothing I could do." Rick spoke up. "Why not ?"

The pastor looked up tears glistening on his face. "The doors , they jammed and my arms were cut, I'd lost a lot of blood and I passed out right there." He pointed to a old near faded large red patch on the floor. I looked down at Rose and she was softly snoring. I put my food down and lifted her. "I'll be back in a minute."

Rick nodded. I made my way over to our 'room' and laid Rose in her sleeping bag. I then walked back out were the remaining group members were sharing memories of loved ones who didn't make it. I say down outside the 'room' and grabbed my arrow kit and started to carve.

Carl walked over and plopped himself down beside me. " honouring the dead in a church nowadays, who'd of thought right ?" I smiled at the kids effort. "Yea I know who'd thought." He smiled and went over to Judith who was busy chewing on a pew. "Yea fancy that kid," I muttered to myself. "Happy Dias Des Muertos"

Hey guys !!! So how was it ? I'm here to just say updates will be slow again as I really need to catch up with my school work. So I'll work on parts during the week and upload them on Sunday if I can.
This is your author
Caityp518
Signing off ✌