Attack on the prison

Dedicated to leah_walkinshaw for giving me ideas and helping me out !!

Daryl POV

I shouted for Hershel as I ran through the prison to Rose's assigned cell. I laid her down carefully and moved so Hershel could get a look at her. "She's losing her strength, her body is adapting and without her HM she's going to be collapsing a lot."

I nodded. I knew that she needed that machine. I couldn't bear looking at her in pain or unconscious because of pain. "Where'd ya last see this machine ?" Hershel looked solemn. "The last time I seen it was on my farm, but I could be wrong daryl, ask around someone else probably saw it sometime different. "
I huff and walk down to the group. I question anyone and everyone, with no luck. I grab my bow and go to walk out until Glenn grabs my arm. "I know where it is follow me"

We drove for a while and ended up outside a grocery store. Well what was left of it. Glenn coughed loudly and hit the truck really hard. We waited. Nothing . no walkers. Animals, nothing. I grabbed my crossbow and followed Glenn to the back of the store. Sure enough Rose's black bag was sitting on the floor in a puddle of blood.

I motioned to the blood. "What the hell happened." Glenn smiled grimly. He tapped his head were a big gash was bandaged up. He then pointed to a dead body in the corner. I chuckled. "Didn't know you had it in you Chinaman."

Glenn narrowed his eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you I'm KOREAN !" I couldn't help but laugh. Even in this hell you gotta have done fun. We both turned to leave and Glenn grabbed the bag as a convoy of cars sped past. Glenn gulped and ran to the door and I ran out to the truck.We climbed in and sped to the prison.

We arrived at the prison. It was complete and utter chaos.Walkers, people,cars and the sound of gunfire and screaming stood out. I frantically looked about for Rose. When I found her my blood boiled. A loose ring of people were guarding her and she was against a wall, cornered. She had drawn her knife and was on the defensive. Carl and beth were behind her holding guns.

She looked beautifyingly scary. Rose had dark circles around her eyes, multiple cuts and bruises on her arms and legs,her trousers had been cut into shorts and her top lay in tatters on the ground,as if it'd been ripped off. Despite this she looked tired. Really tired.But She had the look of pure hatred on her face and a guy stepped forward. He grabbed at her arm and she swiped with her knife and within seconds red blood streamed down his arm and dripped onto the ground.

She smirked. Glenn gripped my arm and pulled down the fence. I climbed through and sped over to Rose. I crashed into the group and stood I front of her,my crossbow raised. "Anyone hits my wife again and they die." I act in the spur of the moment hoping they play along. She looks at me gratefully and grasps my hand.

It's the last thing I see and feel as she us dragged away and three men run forward and tackle me to the ground knocking me unconscious.