Twelve

Oliva's P.O.V.

"I have to let you go, I just got to the hospital and I have 19 patients left," I tell her before I hang up the phone on Christina.

As usual, Christina has been updating me on what is going on in Seattle so when I get back I do not miss a thing.

"Ready for another day of hard work?" My nurse asks me as I get out of the elevator's door into the sixth floor.

"More ready than I can ever be. What's the schedule for today, again?" I ask him as I make my way to the OR as I have surgery.

"Five surgeries today, back to back. All with punctured organs and internal bleed that we were able to control into now."

~~

"Another day, five more surgeries," I tell Christina over the phone as I am finally able to relax on Mark's couch.

"How're your feet?" She asks me before I chuckled.

"They're so numb I probably won't walk tomorrow," I say before she laughs over the phone.

"How's Seattle? Any updates?"I ask her but she knows what I am actually calling about.

"If you are asking about Izzy and Alex, she said the date went great." She says before my heart dropped.

"I guess that is what I get for being in New York."

"No, you are helping strangers that need you. If Alex can not see how you are doing this out of the good will and you did not just leave because you were angry at him then fuck him. You are better off without h-" Christina says before she gets interrupted.

"Hey, want to go out to a club tonight?" Mark asks as he walks through the door interrupting my conversation with Christina.

"Oh sorry, you're on the phone." He says after he realizes I have a phone up to my ear.

"Who is that? Does not sound like Alex." I hear Christina ask through the phone before I chuckle.

"Christina, I should go. I'll talk to you soon." I say before I hang up the phone and look at Mark.

"Club sounds nice," I say responding to his question.

"Going out like that?" He asks as he looks down and sees me in my PJs.

To be fair whenever I pack my emergency bag, it is to be with Preston or Derek for a day or two. Not actually going out to a big city for more than a couple of nights. They are all black with dinosaurs on them but they keep me warm so points for that.

"Not sure, they are quite fashionable if you ask me," I tell Mark before he laughs.

"If you want to wear that go ahead but I am telling you that if you go out like that I do not know you," Mark says before I roll my eyes.

"Fine, I will go change," I say as I get up from the couch and head over to my room.

I decided to put on simple jeans and a nice crop top shirt with a jacket as I know we will probably walk towards this club as it is New York.

"See now I do know you."

"Whatever let's go," I say before I start to make to leave his apartment.

~~

"This is great, isn't it?" Mark says after we entered the club.

Music blasting loudly over the speakers. People are not only drunk but all over each other. Honestly, I need this too. After so many surgeries and so many to go, a drink or two should not hurt.