One

Olivia's P.O.V.

Another day, a couple more surgeries except today is different because we get new interns. Yes, interns can be stressful as most of them have no idea what to do or when to do it but you get to teach them. Trust me, it takes a lot of patience to work with new interns but you learn to need them when you're a critical care surgeon.

"Dr. Orgeta, are you still sleeping at the hospital?" Dr. Miranda Bailey asks me as she says to me walking out of one of the in-call rooms.

Dr. Miranda Bailey is also known as the Nazi due to her tough and no-nonsense personality. She is a general surgeon here in Seattle Grace.

"Sadly, I am still trying to find a place to stay. A lot of places are not accepting immediate move-in." I explained to her why I am still living in the hospital.

"Olivia, it has been three months. Why do you not move in with your brother?"

"I feel bad asking him for help. After all, he was the one that told me to not move in with Grant."

"I'll help you find a place to sleep. As of now, you do not have interns but I will be handing you some of mine when you need assistance." Miranda says before I nod and she disappears.

I went to the room of my patient, Bryan, who needs surgery as he somehow struck himself with a sword at an upwards angle which is less than an inch away from his heart.

"Olivia." I hear Preston Burke, the head of cardiothoracic surgery.

"Preston."

"I heard you paged me," Preston says as he is walking beside me to Bryan's room.

"Yes, I will need you for Bryan's surgery. His heart is too fragile so I need you there. Here is his chart so you can look over it." I tell Preston before handing him a copy of Bryan's chart.

"Good morning, Bryan," I say as Dr. Preston Burke and I walk into his room.

"This is Dr.Burke, he is a heart surgeon. He will be assisting me in the OR today for your surgery." I say introducing my patient to the other surgeon that will be helping out in his case.

~~

Once I entered the interns' locker, all eyes were on me.

"I'm Dr. Ortega. I am the critical care surgeon in case any of you were wondering. All interns under Dr. Bailey come with me." I speak up after a couple of seconds of silence.

I walk out of the interns' locker with the four of them trailing behind me.

"I am-" The guy intern begins to speak before I interrupt him.

"No need to tell me your name. I know every single one of you. Izzie Stevens, Meredith Gray, Christina Yang, George O'Malley, and I did not forget the one that got transferred last minute to Dr. Bailey. Alex Karev. Now, we have an unknown cause. I need George and Izzie to check the charts and see what is wrong in room 524. Meredith and Christina are in room 501, I have a patient who is heading to the OR at 5 pm. I need you to read over the procedure and run it over to the patient and then make sure the OR is ready for 5 pm. Do it correctly, and you both get to watch and maybe even assist. Depending on how well you know the procedure as I will test you before 5 pm. I am letting you both know that starting early on surgeries and even doing little things makes you a great surgeon. As for Alex Karev, I have heard you are a bit intense so you will be with me today watching what I do daily." I say interrupting George before I hand everyone the charts they need for their specific cases.

Once they all leave, I face Alex as he is going to be the intern I will be working hands-on with as that is what Miranda always does. She sends me to the intern who basically is an asshole and fixes them up.