1: I like your smile

Another day and the same routine. That's happened since my older brother, Shoto, got his quirk.

Mother always cry seeing her five years old son always covered with bruises, but she can't do anything or father would beat her too.

Being a female has their advantages, even if I look like father, I was put apart since his maschilism brain tells him that women are weaker than men.

Who am I? Maya Todoroki. Age four and next to have my quirk. Quirk, the only word my father knows: the proud of the Todoroki's bloodline and the curse of us kids.

My older brother, Touya, was really devoted to him. Unfortunately, his body couldn't stand his quirk, burning him everytime. His eager to be trained from father, was his death.

Fuyumi, being female and looking like mother, was discarded as prior.

Natsuo was another of his failed experiments, good body strength but, as father said, lame-ass quirk.

Now there's Shoto. The perfect mix of both father and mother. His body and quirk split perfectly in half. Father's proud.

Finally, there's me: father's female version, which I hate it. What I hate more, is the reason that I got both my parents quirk, but only amplified.

No, I'm not like Shoto. I can control my body temperature at free will. My body could heat so much till I emit blue flames, or cool so down till my ice will be black.

I got my quirk only recently, but only my mother knows about it and ask me to keep it quiet and I act as if I were quirkless.

Even if father is a work alcoholic, he always finds time for Shoto, training him. Badly.

I can see in her eyes that mother is on her limit of sopprtation. She starts to avoid me, keeps telling me that my face is unbearable, everytime she sees me, se start to have panic attacks and starts to leave me be on my own.

Recently I start to run away from that house, hide in the nearby park and cry... Cry because nobody wants me, cry because father discarded me since he thinks I'm quirkless, cry because mother is afraid and disgusted at the same time thanks to my appareanche, cry because I feel alone without Touya, cry because Fuyumi has to take care of both me and Natsuo even if she is only 12, cry because my family for everyone eyese is perfect even if it is broken.

Today is my birthday. I'm finally five, but no one seems to care about it. Father is training Shoto, mother looks death inside and talks on the phone with grandma, Fuyumi and Natsuo are at school and I don't have anyone to spend my time with.

I choose to run away from home, again. This time I want to go further away, running to the same area where my cousin Karma lives.

On my way I bump into a blond haired woman. Her hair are spiky and her eyes are blood red. she is dressed with a simple blue shirt and black trousers, on her feet she has black sandals.

Her right hand is holding a boy's hand. I think is her son, practically her photocopy, but with scowl on his face, dressed casually with blue jeans shorts, black shirt and white shoes. On his shoulders a black  and red backpack.

"Hey sweety. What are you doing here? Where are your parents?"

I freeze with the parents mentioned, but I gain my posture. "H-hello miss. My father is working and mother is home, a-and I'm going to my cousin house. I-im sorry I bumped into you."

I see her frowning and looking at my dresses. What could I have forget? My ribbons? My stockings? My shoes?

"You can call me Mitsuki. Tell me, you aren't from here, are you?" What does she means? Are my dresses inappropriate?

"This isn't a area where you kids must wandering alone. If you show me the way to your cousin house, Katsuki and I could walk you there." I nood and take the boys hand, slightly smiling.

"I never catch your name. And do you happen to have a quirk?"

I smile at him and nood. laying on his ear like if I am about to telling him the biggest secret, which it is, I answer him. "I'm Maya Todoroki and I don't have one quirk, but two."

I then show him a little blue flame from my left my palm, immediately covered from a black ice snowflake, modeled with my right one. "Here. You can have it. The flame will never shut off and the ice will never melt."

His eyes wide open and a big smile came is shown on his face. "Hey! Why are you two so secretive?"

Before Katsuki could answer to his mother, I interrupt him. "Don't tell anyone I'm here, yet that I have a quirk. If father or his sidekick will find out about it, I wont have social life anymore."

With questioning look on his eyes, he just nood. "We were talking about quirks and I was about to showing her mine!"

Said, done. From his palms came out lot of little explosions. I could only admire him and smile seeing him proud of them. "One day you will be the numer one, Katsuki! If you will attend the UA high, you will fly high for sure!"

"If I'll be the number one, I want you by my side! Not as a sidekick, but as a team mate!"

Now my smile disappeared and my face become pale, as if I saw a ghost. "That's why I'm not showing my quirk. Father think I'm quirkless and is better like this. He already has a prodigy kid to look after and I don't wanna be another pawn on his chess game."

He stopped, slightly surprised of my last sentece. "So you choose to run away from home? Who's your father?"

I sigh and nood. "The number two pro hero, Endeavor. I run away since my family is already broken. I don't want to go back there. I hope you will keep the secret."

I stop in front of my cousin mansion, his house is smaller than mine but is always big for three people. "That's my stop. I hope I'll see you around Katsuki. Thank you to walk me here, Mitsuki!" I then smile and wave at them.

"No problem, sweety. I hope one day to meet  you again with your family."

I ring the bell and the gates are now open. Before I could run inside, Katsuki calls me. "I don't know when we'll see again, but I'll keep your gift you made with your quirk. I... I don't have anything to give you, but... But I hope you would like this four-leaf clover... As a good luck... You know.."

"Thank you Katsuki! I will store it in the best way possibile!" I then smile at him, causing his face become red as a tomato.

"Whatever... Just smile more often.. I like to see your happy face.."

I nood wave at both him and Mitsuki. Running inside the gate, from the garden to the mansion, I meet my over energetic cousin, Karma, which hugs me tightly.

"Happy birthday, Maya!"

The best birthday, ever.