A dog? Or two?

Scarlett POV: Annie - 2 years and 2 months (November)

So I've been thinking for the longest of time and finally decided that I want to expand mine and Annie's family. We are getting a dog. I have wanted one forever, but it haven't been a good time until now. Annie is a bit older, she's not a baby anymore.

I'm going to go and see if there are any rescues at our local shelter. The dog has to be kid friendly, since she is still young. But I'm really looking to adopt. Plus puppies are extremely time consuming. It's like having another new born.

I decide to ask Colin if he could come with me so that I can bring Annie and have some help.

Colin:
Hey Scar.

Me:
Hey, so I was wondering if you could come with me to the shelter today. That way you could help me with Annie while I look at dogs.

Colin:
Uhm, yeah that sounds fun. I can be there in two hours?

Me:
Great! Thank you
Bye

Colin:
Bye!

I get up and get dressed. Same with Annie.

I dress her in this really cute dress she got for her birthday

I dress her in this really cute dress she got for her birthday. Then before we know it, the doorbell rings.

I balance Annie on my hip, grab my purse and we're ready to go.

"Hey" I say as I open the door.

"Hi" he says. We lean in for a hug. "You ready?"

"Yes" I say with a smile.

"Hello little Annie" he says tickling her belly. She starts giggling.

"Coco" She says making grabby hands towards Colin showing she wants to be carried by him.

"Do you wanna take her?" I ask him.

"Of course I do" then she's safely place on his hip instead. We take my car because it's easier to just be in one car.

After about 15 minutes we pull up to the shelter. I already called ahead. They were going to gather the kid friendly dogs into a place so I can say hi to them. Colin takes Annie and we walk inside.

"Hello" a woman smiles warmly to us.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett, I called ahead yesterday" I tell the woman.

"Of course Scarlett. Come this way" she motions for me to follow her. She leads me to a room with quite a lot of dogs. As I walk in a lot of them comes to say hi.

"Why hello" I say trying to say hi to every dog. After about half an hour of cuddling I notice two sweet German Shepherds laying on the grass. I go over to them, but stop before I'm all the way up close. I bend down and call for them. They both start wagging their tails and comes over to me. "Oh you two are just the sweetest souls, aren't you?" I say as I pet them both.