Epilouge

The world was at a stand still. Endless nothing all around them. He watched in horror as the girl leaned over him, her body beginning to tremble.

"Why?" He asked her, the girl coughing as blood splattered on him, "because I couldn't stand to watch you two fight." She replied, her voice barely a whisper. He looked down, seeing the end of the blood stained blade bursting through her chest.

The blade slowly slid backwards, the girl falling forward onto the ground. Blood began to pool around her as she watched the two men, "You were supposed to love her!" Yelled the first man.

"I do love her! This is your fault!" Said the second, his voice beginning to break. The girl slowly looked at him, watching as he dropped his blade, "Se..ph.." she barely managed to squeak out. Sephroth ran for her, gently lifting the girl as he cradled her in his arms.

"Where are you taking her?" Yelled the first man, Sephiroth looking over at him. Sephiroth spread his single black wing, ignoring the man's question, "7 seconds, Cloud." Said Sephiroth as he flew off with the girl.

The girl stared at Sephiroth, her vision beginning to blur the more blood she lost. She didn't know where they were going, but as long as she was with him, she didn't care.

Sephiroth eventually landed, kneeling down as he cradled her lovingly. The girl could feel what felt like water wash over her, but she couldn't take her eyes off him, "W-where are we?" She asked, barely able to talk. "The life stream." Sephiroth said, his body beginning to tremble.

"Life...stream..." The girl said, smiling some. The pain she felt was slowly starting to fade, a sense of calm washing over her. She looked at the silver haired man, taken aback when she saw tears running down his face.

He'd never cried before, but he couldn't stop the tears. He finally felt what it was like to lose something he cared about, and he despised it. "D-don't," she said, coughing up more blood, "cry." She weakly lifted her hand, touching his cheek with her bloodied fingers.

"I came all this way to find you, and I wouldn't change it for anything." She told him, Sephiroth starting to cry even harder, "Yule, I'm so sorry." He said softly, his tears falling on her face. Yule smiled, "it's okay, I forgive you." She said, feeling her body starting to go numb.

"I love you." Sephiroth said softly, holding her against his chest, "I love you too." She said, her words drifting off into a barely audible whisper. Her body then went limp, her blue eyes closing slowly.

Sephiroth just sat there, cradling her limp body. He had wanted her to find him, but he hadn't meant for it to end like this. His purpose, his goal, his duty to cleanse the world, it all meant nothing to him without her. She was his light in the dark, and now she was gone, extinguished by his own hands.

He watched as her body began to fade, the life stream taking her away. She was returning, and Sephiroth couldn't go with her...or so he thought. He watched as his hands began to fade as well, the world around him vanishing. He was then blinded by a white light, any thought in his head suddenly being erased.

***

When Sephiroth awoke, he was lying in a bed. However, he couldn't figure out where he was. The room was unfamiliar to him, the soft chirping of birds starting to take him out of his fogged mind. He then noticed a small lump beneath the sheets beside him.

He then them back, his heart slipping a beat, "Yule..." he did softly, the girl slowly opening her blue eyes, "Sephiroth?" She asked, her vision clearing. She suddenly sat up, almost leaping into his arms. The two stayed there for what felt like an eternity, both of them in disbelief that they were together.

"Where are we?" Yule asked, her head against the man's chest, "I don't know." Sephiroth said, cradling her in his arms. He didn't really care where they were as long as they were together. The couple then looked at each other, both leaning in for a kiss. Their lips locked, all the pain and suffering they'd been through fading away into nothing.

They stayed there for a while, enjoying each other's loving embrace. They were blissfully unaware that the life stream had granted them one last wish:

An eternal afterlife together.