Begininngs

"So this is Midgar huh?" I asked, staring out the window of the approaching train. The city was a lot bigger than I had previously thought. Thousands of houses and sky scrapes lined the plates, the large Shinra head quarters sat right in the middle.

"Yup." Replied the blonde haired boy that I was sitting next to. I had tried to talk to him a little, but he didn't seem too interested in conversation. "I'm Yule. Yule Noykin." I told him, still trying to save this dying conversation, "Cloud." He replied, not even looking my direction.

"Nice to meet you Cloud. So, what you made you want to join the army?" I asked him, the boy shrugging, "Guess I just wanted to actually do something with my life. What about you?" He asked, finally glancing towards me. "Ah, I guess the same." I replied, still in awe of the massive city.

"So where you from, Cloud?" I asked him, just trying to pass the time before we arrived, "oh, um Nibelheim." He said, crossing his arms. He seemed like he was thinking pretty hard about something, "oh? I don't think I've been there before. Well, I'm from-"

Just as I was about to finish my sentence, the train came to a screeching halt, "CADETS! Grab you bags and make for the exit! Training starts as soon as you're off this train! Move!" Yelled a voice from the front, "Guess we're up." I said, grabbing my bags and making my way towards the doors of the train.

When I stepped off, I was greeted by a line of guards, all armed with large guns. "These guys look pretty cool huh, Cloud?" I said, following the group. "Yeah I guess." Cloud said, not really paying attention to much.

"Alright. We'll show you to your rooms then back here in 10." Said the recruiter. I smiled some, elbowing Cloud playfully "think we'll be roomies?" I joked. Cloud didn't really react, "Doubt it. They probably don't even put male and female together for obvious reasons." He said.

"Eh guess you're right. Let's just hope we don't get stuck with an awful roommate." I said, "you know you're the only girl here right?" Cloud asked, looking at me. I laughed some, "well looks like I'll be getting my own room then."

"Yule Noykin, room 15, third door on your left." Announced the recruiter. "Guess I'm up. See ya later." I said, walking towards my new home, "yeah see ya." Cloud replied, heading in the opposite direction. I open the door to my new room, seeing it was pretty, well bare bones. There was a single bed against one the dark metal walls, a small desk and a lamp against the other. I flipped on the light switch, almost being blinded by the bright fluorescent lighting.

"Guess I better get dressed..." I said to myself, seeing the neatly folded uniform and helmet that was at the door of my bed. I shut the door and began to strip, trying to work my way into the uniform. It was slightly too big, but that was to expected as not many women joined the Shinra army. I then began to unpack my bags, pulling out my pillows and bedding from home.

I then sat my picture frame on the desk. It was a family photo we had taken the day I enlisted. Me, my mom, dad and Chibi, our dog. I had been sad the day I left, but I knew it wouldn't be long before I was able to see them again.

"All recruits to training. Again, all recruits to training." Chimed a female robotic voice from a small speaker on the ceiling. I grabbed my helmet, the number 346 written on the side, slipping it onto my head before opening the door and heading for the training grounds. The helmet was too big as well, and I could hardly see through the lenses. I was still trying to adjust it when I accidentally bumped into someone, "oh sorry. My helmets too big. I can't see." I replied, taking it off.

I then looked at who I had ran into. Humanities greatest solider; Sephiroth himself. "Oh...you're Sephiroth..." I stuttered, in complete awe of the man before me, "I-I'm so sorry....I-I like your hair." I said, watching as his silver locks waved softly in the breeze of the air conditioning.