Aftermath

I sat at our usual table. Genesis and Angeal were no where to be found. Sephiroth was god knows where and Zack and Cloud were both off on missions. I tried to keep my mind off the hellacious events of my first mission, but I just couldn't forget about it.

I kept thinking about the way the dragon died. Our weapons had been useless against it, but yet it still died somehow. Maybe it was sick, or maybe we just got lucky. I picked at the food on my tray, mindlessly pushing around a pea with my fork.

"Yule Noykin? Come with us please." Said a voice. I snapped out of my trance, looking up to see three men standing over me, "Have another mission for me?" I asked, standing up and discarding my half eaten food into the trash, "No. The professor wants to speak with you." One of the men replied.

"The professor? Hojo?" I asked, remembering Zack had mentioned the name before. "Yes." Replied the man, leading to an elevator. We stepped inside, the soldier pushing a button, scanning his key card and the doors closing.

The elevator took us up a few floors, stopping on floor 67. The door slid open, the soldiers leading me down a long hallway to set of massive double doors. The solider swiped his key card again, the doors slowly sliding open to reveal a room full of large machines and tanks.

In the middle of the room sat a man at a table. He had a long, black pony tail and was dressed in a white lab coat, "sir, we have her." Said the solider, the man turning to look at us.

"Perfect." The man said, noting for me sit at the table in front of him. The soldiers nodded and took their exit, I cautiously sitting down in my chair. I looked around the room, wondering what all the tanks and machines were for, "Yule," he said, grabbing my attention, "I hear you defeated a dragon your last mission. Very impressive. Tell me, how did you do it?"

I looked at the man and shrugged, "I'm not entirely sure. Our weapons were pretty much useless and when it was about to kill my friend, I just started screaming and wanting the dragon to die," I explained, "and then, well, it did. I don't know what happened really."

Hojo smirked, "I see. And you simply thought you wanted the dragon dead, and it died?" He reiterated, "yes, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. We just got lucky." I said, the burn scar on my arm tingling as I thought about the fight.

Hojo laughed some, "oh no. I think it had everything to do with it." He said, placing a pen in the middle of the table, "think about moving this pen." He said, leaning back in his chair.

"Ok, but I don't see the point of this." I said, staring at the pen. I tried thinking about the pen moving, but it just sat there, "I don't think this is working." I said, sighing some.

"Keep your focus." Hojo said, crossing his arms. I nodded, focusing my attention on the pen. Just as I was about to give up, the pen suddenly flew off the table and clattered to the floor. I gasped, jumping back in my chair, "d-did I just do that?" I asked.

Hojo smiled, "excellent. You're coming along quite nicely. I knew mako would enhance your abilities, but I never expected you to develop this power so quickly." He said, standing up, "we have much more to discuss and test, I'll be seeing quite often from now on, Yule. But for know you are free to go." He said, walking away deeper into the lab.

I stood up, quietly making my way out of the lab. Did I have some sort of mind control powers? And if I did, did I really want some one like him watching my every move? Hojo made me uneasy, as if planning something. I knew Shinra needed powerful soldiers, but did it really need someone with mind control?

I continued back to the elevator, pressing the button to go down to the break room floor.  As I exited the lift, I could see a group of soldiers entering the floor. Among the beat up faces, I could spot Zack. He seemed to be chatting with a pretty up beat solider, both of them carrying on as if they hadn't just been on a mission.