chapter 24

Beths POV:

The week went over pretty fast I spent as much time as I could with my mom and Chloe and packed all my stuff up and it was finally time to leave.
"I'm going to miss you bitch" Chloe said as we reached my car "I'm going to miss you to" I pulled her into a hug "call me everyday, I love you" she said as I got in my car "I love you to chlo" I said before driving away.

"now are you sure you have everything" my mom said stopping at the entrance of the airport "I have everything mom don't worry" I smiled "I'm going to miss you" she said embracing me in her arms "I'll miss you to mom, now I have to go or I'll miss my flight" I replied "okay honey, I love you" she said "I love you to" I replied before walking into the airport "be careful!" I heard her shout

I was so tired, the last week had been so busy with getting ready to leave so slept most of the plane ride there. It was 6pm the time we landed I didn't start work till the next day so I got a cab to the hotel I was staying in for the time being, I was going to look at some apartments at sometime during the week but until I move I'm just staying at cheap hotels. It was about 7 when I arrived at the hotel so I had some time to unpack my stuff. I ended up going to bed at around 9 I have to be up early in the morning tomorrow and I want to make a good impression.

6:30am

I woke up and got dressed into a white blouse and some black work pants with a pair of black heels. I styled my hair into loose curls and put on some light makeup. I'm not much of a breakfast person this early in the morning so I just made myself a coffee and my Uber picked me up at 7:20. We arrived at the building at 7:30 so I was just on time "thank you" I said to the driver before picking my bag up and getting out of the car. I walked into the building and went up to the front desk where I was greeted with a smile by a woman with glasses and red hair pulled up with a clip "hi um this is my first day and I was told that someone was going to show me to where I would be working" I smiled at the receptionist. "What's your name honey" she asked "Elizabeth brookes" I replied, she started typing into her computer until she lifted her head up "ah yes I'll get Taylor down here now and she'll take you to your office" she said before dialling some numbers into the phone and calling someone. "Hi you must be Elizabeth I'm Taylor I'll be showing you to your office" a petite blonde woman said to me before I walked off with her. We stepped out of the elevator on the 7nth floor "your office is just down the hall to your right, do you wanna meet your boss?" She asked "um yeah" I replied before she lead me to an office not far from mine, she knocked on the door and I heard a familiar voice from the other side of it "come in" he spoke and she opened the door, Hardin.

we locked eyes and he stared into mine for what felt like forever. I was speechless, he hadn't changed much he looked a bit broader he must have been working out more and he looked a few feet taller. He was leaning against his desk with papers in his hands his muscles flexing out of his white shirt, god he looked hotter than usual "this is Elizabeth" Taylor said breaking the silence "pleasure to meet you Elizabeth" he shook my hand, his touch was warm and sent shivers down my spine "Taylor can you leave me and Elizabeth for a moment" he said his eyes not leaving mine please no please no "of course" she replied I heard the click of the door as she left.

"Have a seat" he said sitting down behind his desk as I took a seat in front I watched him looking up and down my body for like a minute straight, I sighed "are you gonna say anything or just look at me all day" I said irritated "you look good" his eyes locked with mine once again "thanks" I muttered with no emotion shown on my face "when did you get here?" He asked "yesterday" I replied "where are you staying" he questioned "what's that got to do with you" I frowned "just tell me Beth" he said in a more demanding tone "a hotel" I wasn't telling him which one "now are we done with the non work related questions?" I said annoyed "that's no way to talk to your boss is it Elizabeth" he smirked, he was loving every minute of this. I rolled my eyes "are you with anyone" he asked, a smirk grew on my face "so what if I am" I teased leaning forward on my chair "I know no one could make you feel the way I do" he smirked "I think I'm done talking to you about my private relationships mr Scott, are we done here" I asked getting up from my seat as he did his "for now" he said hovering over me before waking to the door and opening it for me, I sighed as I walked back to my office.

Hardins POV:

I couldn't believe it when I saw her, and god she was hot I definitely think her body's developed over the past 3 years but she still has the same stubbornness like she used to. Is it bad that I hope she's not seeing anyone? Nah. God that woman is going to be the death of me.

After I drove home I checked my phone to see messages from Taylor, shit I was supposed to take her to dinner tonight

Taylor
Are we still on for dinner tonight? Xx
Hardin?
I'll take that as a no

Me
Sorry got held back at work, I'm really tired maybe another night

All I could think about was her and if I'm honest she's all I thought about for the past 3 years. I never fully got over Beth she was my first love, my only love Ive never felt this way for anyone before only her. I'd gotten milli the receptionist to get me beths number

me

goodnight gorgeous xo

Beths POV:

I was just about to go to sleep when my phone buzzed

goodnight gorgeous xo

what the fuck

me
Who is this?

unknown

H.S

Such a dick

me
How the fuck did you get my number

Hardin
I have my ways

me
Creep

Hardin
You love me 😘

me
goodnight Hardin

Hardin
goodnight gorgeous