Chapter 1- Inheritance!

She couldn't believe it had been nearly eight years since she arrived. Eight years of battles with demons and controlling her powers. Eight years she had fallen in love with him, even if their relationship started out rocky, but in the end, every night she was reminded of his love for her and only her as she loved him. Her beautiful long dark brown hair fixed into a braid, which was a bit hard for her to do considering how long it was as she wore a black dress that went to her knees while she waited for him to come home. It was the eight year anniversary of their partnership and love for each other, even though they weren't married. 'Can't blame Dante for not wanting to get married yet', she thought as she turned to see the doors open and close with her love, dressed in red and black with that snow white hair and ice-blue eyes she came to love. She ran over to him and hugged the half-devil as he said, "Missed me that much?" "Maybe", she said before pulling him into a passionate kiss and allowing his practiced tongue to slip into her mouth as he moved his hands to her hips. Their tongues danced for a few minutes when Dante pulled back and said, "Someone's wanting a bit of…magic tonight" "I'm surprised you haven't gotten me pregnant despite how many times we have sex", Akira says as her emerald colored eyes looked into his eyes. Dante chuckled and said, "A demon trick I learned long time ago. Not telling you what it is, and how I do it" Akira smiled as Dante played with her hair causing him to say, "Good grief, ever thought about cutting it a bit"

         Akira giggled and said, "Well, who was the one that said they liked my hair long. At least it's not as long as Trish's" They both chuckled and Akira suddenly asked, "Dante, what would you say if you ever wanted a child of your own?" Dante looked at her curiously then replied, "Well, I-I don't know. I guess I, er, well. *sigh* I want a child but, I don't want to end up being like my old man, leave and never come back and leave you to raise the kid alone" Akira smiled and lowered her head into Dante's chest, hearing his gentle heartbeat as she said, "I understand, Dante. I know that's what you fear. To be honest, I'm scared you're gonna walk out that door and never come back even if we don't have a child" She took his hand in hers and placed them on her stomach, "So, let's give it a chance. Who knows, maybe those scenarios won't happen" Dante smiled at her and said, before picking her up and walking to their bedroom, "Alright babe, you asked for it though"

        The next morning, Akira opened her eyes to see Dante still asleep. She smiled softly as she got up and changed into her new outfit, a black short-sleeved shirt with a red vest different from Dante's, black pants and black heeled boots. She walked downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat when she heard the phone ring. She walked over to it and answered, "Devil May Cry" "Oh, Akira", an male's voice said, "good morning" "Morrison", Akira said, "good morning to you too" "Is Dante there by any chance?", Morrison asked. "Yeah", she replied, "still asleep though. You coming by the shop today with a job?" "Yeah, but I need the both of you on this one", he said, "Get him up and tell him to be ready. I need to stop by a place real quick" After exchanging quick goodbyes, Akira hung up on Morrison and went back into the kitchen, grabbing a spray bottle, filling it with cold water and for extra measure, ice. She walked upstairs and said as she stood in the doorway, "Dante, baby, you need to wake up. Morrison's coming over" Dante groaned and turned to where his bare back was facing her and said as if he was a child, "Five more minutes. G-give me five more minutes" Akira knew that was a big mistake on his part as she aimed the spray bottle and sprayed the cold water on his back, and once it touched his back, he was up in an instant yelling, "What the hell, Akira?"

        "Good", she said with a smile, "you're awake. Now get dressed, Morrison's on his way with a job" Dante just growled as she walked out and muttered,  "Damn her and that cold water" He got dressed, minus his coat, and walked downstairs as he said, "Why'd you wake me like that, babe?" "That's what you get for turning your back to me, baby", she said with a victory smirk making him slightly growl at her when the doors opened. A man no older then the two and a little blonde haired girl around the ages of nine through twelve walk in as Dante got on the phone and ordered pizza. The young girl messed around with the pool table before looking in the trash can while Akira sat on the desk with Dante sitting in the chair with his feet propped up and a magazine in his hands while he threw the phone to hang it up. "Are you listening to me Dante?", Morrison said slightly annoyed. "Didn't you hear me?", Dante said, "I'm studying" Akira knew every few seconds he was looking at her as he continued, "I may take odd jobs here and there, but I've got no time to babysit some brat" The girl stood in the middle of the room when he said the word brat making her repeat the word, "Brat? "Sorry, young lady", Dante said as he put the magazine on the desk and heading to the pool table, "maybe in ten years, I'll ask you out on a date" Akira looked to the little girl as she said, "Hmph! And I'll tell you 'no' in ten seconds. Me? I'm only into younger guys"