Chapter 50

Mr. Seong opened the door to his classroom and we both went in. He turns the light on and I sat down at one of the desks as he stood in front of his.

"So what do you want to talk about?" he asked.

"Um..." I really don't know what to say. Mr. Seong probably went through the same thing I did, but I don't know if he came out when he was around my age.

"Chris?" he said.

"Well, it's just...Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"When you were out, did you ever got the feeling that people were talking about you behind your back?"

"All the time. I still think they do sometimes."

"I just don't know how to deal with it. I mean, does it really go away? Or will it be like this for the rest of my life?"

"It probably will. It probably won't. Who knows what will happen." He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. "The most important thing is that you should be happy the way you are."

I looked at Mr. Seong. I wonder what happened when he came out. I mean, it must've been hard for him because it's hard for people like us to come out because of the homophobes. I did get threatened to get beat up by Caden, Toby, and Matthew on Saturday.

"Mr. Seong, how old were you when you came out?"

He sighed and put his glasses back on. "I didn't technically came out."

"What do you mean?"

"Just like you, I got outed by a girl in my class sophomore year."

"What?"

"Yeah. She wanted to go out with me, but I refused. She caught me making out with another boy and took a picture of us and hung it up on my locker. I would get beat up everyday and get called 'faggot' and 'cocksucker'."

"What about your parents?" I asked.

"They kicked me out of the house because according to them they didn't raised a faggot."

"What about the boy you were making out with?" I asked.

"He lied by saying that I made a move on him without his consent, resulting in me getting beaten up more."

"Where is he now?"

"Last that I heard: he got divorced by his wife after he got caught doing it with a man."

"Ooh," I said.

"Yeah."

"So you had nowhere to go?"

"When my aunt found out what happened, she offered me to live with her here. I didn't hesitate to say no."

"You have an aunt that lives here?"

"Yeah, but she died six years ago. I still got picked on at this school, but it wasn't that bad as the last school I went to. I dated a couple of guys, but it didn't end well because I had trouble trusting people because of what happened at my old school."

"Aren't you dating someone now?"

He scrunched his eyebrows together. "How did you know about that?"

"Emma told me."

"Of course she did. We met three years ago when he brought his daughter the preschool here."

"Oh. So he was married?"

"No, he...had a drunken one night stand with a woman and she left Alex on his doorsteps."

"And I thought that only happened on movies."

He laughs. "Yeah, me too. Our eyes locked and I knew I'll like him from there, but I didn't know if he was straight or not because he has a daughter, so I stayed away from him. Then a few weeks later, he came into this room and asked if I would like to have dinner with him. I didn't know if he meant to have dinner as friends or if it's a date. I guess by the look on my face he knew I was questioning what he asked me, because he laughed and said he's asking me out on a date, and we've been going out ever since. So, Chris, what I'm saying is, if I can find my happiness, so can you."

I smiled at him. Even though he got treated bad in the past, at least he found some happiness. I'm hoping the same thing will happen with Brian.

The bell rang, telling me that lunch is over. I get up from the desk. "Thanks, Mr. Seong."

"You're welcome. Oh, and, Chris?"

"Yes?"

"No matter what happens, I hope you and Brian will find your happiness."

"Um, thanks."

"No problem. Now get to class."

For the rest of the day, I still get these stares from everybody. A couple of kids asked me if Brian's my boyfriend and Seth told them to leave me alone. I just wanted this day to end.

My luck finally happened when the final bell rang. I quickly got everything out of my locker and ran outside where Brian is in his pickup.

"Is Seth coming?" I asked.

"No, I asked him to take the bus home. I want to show you this alone."

I nodded my head as he turns his pickup on and drives off. We left Oklee, then went through Plummer. Where is he taking me?

When we got near Red Lake Falls, Brian drove right into a cemetery. Why the hell are we here?

"Come on, Chris," Brian said. He turns the pickup off and gets out.

I got out and followed him through the cemetery. I never liked being in the cemetery because of those horror movies I've seen, and also because of my grandmother's death.

We stopped on front of a tombstone. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Just look," he said.

I looked at the tombstone and gasped when I saw the name.

Elliott Lee Gordon.

️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.