Chapter 16

...in which a secret is revealed.

Blaise loved sleep. He loved falling into bed after a long day of school work, homework and snogging Luna, and falling into dreams about...well, snogging Luna. That's exactly why on that Tuesday morning, when the sound of unnaturally happy whistling woke him from a particularly pleasant dream, he wanted to pummel whoever was the source of such an annoying noise.

Blaise cracked an eye open, and immediately regretted it as the light within the room blinded him. He rolled over onto his stomach with a groan, and buried his face in his pillow, attempting to fall back into the dream in which Luna was wearing nothing much at all.

That was until the annoying tune of whistling stopped, and a low chuckle filled the room instead.

"You really aren't a morning person, are you, Zabini?"

Blaise's head shot up from his pillow and whipped around to the source of the familiar voice, which was clearly laced with amusement.

Draco sat against the headboard of his bed, fully dressed in his clothes for that day, reading the latest issue of 'Quidditch Weekly'. Blaise wondered at what time Draco had woken, since he looked abnormally bright and energetic. He glared at the teen.

"So it was you that was whistling like an annoying bird," Blaise grumbled, reluctantly sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"The one and only," Draco retorted with a smirk.

Blaise scowled. He really did not like this enthusiastic Draco who had woken him in the morning by whistling a happy tune. Usually Draco was about as enthusiastic as Blaise was upon waking up in the morning.

Blaise glanced around the room and found that Potter, Weasley, and even Goyle, were still snoring away merrily in their beds, undisturbed. It was just Blaise's luck that he had to get the bed closest to Draco.

"What's got you so happy anyway? I thought since Hermione rejected you, you'd be moping about, sobbing into your pillow?" Blaise asked tiredly, as he headed toward the bathroom. He decided sleep was not going to come to him again, especially with Draco's chirpy mood.

"Who says she rejected me?" Draco retorted happily. Blaise froze and turned on the spot, eyeing the blond who was flicking idly through the pages of his magazine with a small smile on his face.

"Bullshit," the Italian muttered quietly in disbelief. There was no way Hermione would accept him, only yesterday she was telling him she planned on rejecting Draco.

Draco tossed the magazine to the end of his bed and stood stretching his arms above his head. Blaise didn't miss the huge grin on his face, either. "No bullshit, mate. She said yes, and we had a victorious snog in the back of the library just to seal the deal."

Blaise stood gaping for a moment, unable to believe what he'd just heard. Eventually he broke out into a grin, and moved toward Draco trapping him in a head lock and mussing his hair, much to Draco's loud protests.

"Oi! Get off-,"

"Congrats, mate. I didn't think you had it in you." He released Draco who now looked as though he'd been caught in a rather strong gale. The blond scowled at him, attempting to flatten his hair.

"Cheers for that, Zabini," Draco spat sarcastically, "it took me ten minutes to do that."

Blaise snorted. "Trying to doll yourself up for, Granger? Don't worry, mate, if she accepted you, it's a guarantee that she must be partially blind. She might not notice."