ii. obsession

ii. // obsession.
------

She was called Maria Eleanor. Mael for short. Apparently she was a new face in Derryville, a transferee in our school and a business administration student.

According to Thorn, Mael was an orphan. Her parents both died in a car crash four months ago and was adopted by her aunt and uncle who lives here in Derryville.

Thorn had known her since last summer, courted her as a bet and was later on rejected. Hindi ko alam kung swerte ba siya at nakatakas siya sa panloloko ni Thorn o malas dahil duwag si Thorn at gusto pang gumanti.

Thorn and I weren't really close friends. Acquaintance, maybe? He has another circle of friends which are also elites who came from a well known family.

To be honest, taking the deal is such a waste of time. I can have Celestine if it wasn't just my ego. But it's been also a long time since I played with a girl, and for a bet.

I smirked.

Maria Eleanor, huh? What an 1892 type of name. Too ancient. Too innocent to hear. Too tasteless.

"Are you sure about the deal?" Tanong ni Kean matapos umalis si Thorn.

"Yup. The prize would be Celestine. Besides, it's also been a while since I last had fun with a girl."

Ngumisi lang si Kean at muling sumimsim sa kaniyang tequila. I enjoyed watching the girl getting uncomfortable in the stage for a while until I decided to approach her.

--

Mael is a kind girl. She is too innocent and pretty. Pretty, but not hot. She was the type of girl who would wear pants, white shoes and a white plain shirt. She is simple.

And again, tasteless. Too far from my type of girl.

After introducing myself to her in that party, I have decided to get her number. And she gave it to me too quickly. She is extremely shy and would stutter almost the whole time I was conversing with her. She is soft.

Napangisi nalang ako habang nakatingin sa numero niya sa aking contacts. Easy girl.

"It is my first time attending a party in this town." she said. "My auntie wanted me to explore and gain friends."

"You haven't had any friends since you moved here?"

Nahihiya siyang yumuko. "No. I feel like everybody is too hard to approach, I had a hard time interacting with peoole."