Chapter 12 - Fine.

2nd Person POV

It's been a month. It started out fine, Alberto would go down and visit Luca everyday for almost two weeks. Soon it became once every other day, then gradually only once a week. The busier he got the less he could see Luca, the more frustrated Luca became. Alberto wanted Luca to live up on the surface with him, he had enough space in his bed for two. He knew Lucas parents wouldn't allow it. This left him to only fantasize that the pillow next to him was Luca he was snuggling up with.

"Luca!", Alberto smiled as he swam into the cave. "Alberto! It's been a week! Why did it take you so long?!", Luca questioned crossing his arms. "Busy. But- It doesn't matter! Because i'm here now!", he said grabbing Lucas hands but Luca pulled them away softly. "Alberto you told me you would visit me everyday.", Luca sighed. "I- I'm sorry.. I just have a lot to do.", Alberto looked down in shame. "It's fine.", Luca said but it was clear he was upset.

"I just don't know what to do?", Alberto sighed. "Have you talked to his parents?", you suggested. "Yeah! Maybe you could convince them!", Giulia added. "Convince them what?", Alberto questioned. "To let him live up here! It's not far! And he could visit them! Plus the whole town accepts sea monsters now so..", you said waving your feet from side to side. "They'll say no.", Alberto groaned. "You won't know unless you try.", Giulia smiled. "Okay! I'm gonna do it!", Alberto stood up and went running. "Wish me luck!!", he called out. "Wait! It's late! They might be- asleep.", you laughed. He was already gone.

"Knock knock.", Alberto said quietly as he knocked on the rock of their cave front and swam in. "Alberto? It's late. Lucas asleep.", Daniela said as she took a sip from her mug. "Actually I wanted to talk to you. You and Lorenzo.", Alberto said making Daniela widen her eyes. "Yes?", she questioned motioning Lorenzo over. "Okay well.. I just wanted to know if well if it's alright with you guys. If Luca could move in with me, Massimo and Giulia. The town accepts us now! And me and Luca could share a room! Everyday we would have so much fun! Me, him, Y/n and Giulia. But most importantly me and him. And he could come visit you! You guys aren't far.", Daniela and Lorenzo looked at each other then back at Alberto. "Please! I- I love him so much. I will make sure he's safe and I won't let anything happen to him ever. He's the sweetest most pure soul to swim the ocean and i'm sure to walk on land", Alberto said tears forming in his eyes. Somehow underwater? Luca blushed profoundly in his bed, he hadn't been able to sleep and heard everything. He looked at Daniel as she opened her mouth, expecting the worst. "On one condition.", Daniela said. Albertos eyes widened. "He calls me every night and you both come visit at least once a week.", she smiled. "Both?", Alberto questioned. "Yes. I want to see my future son in law. Make sure he's doing well.", she said patting his head. "THANKYOU MOM THANKYOU THANKYOU!", Luca darted out his room and attacked his mother with a giant hug. "you were awake?!", she questioned. "Yes! I couldn't sleep.. BUT THANKYOU!", Luca called out and Daniela smiled as she hugged her son. Luca then swam over to Alberto. "You are- you are too good to put into words.", he said quietly before hugging Alberto tightly.

~~~~

That night Luca and Alberto swam home, which was now Massimo's house. They snuck upstairs, Massimo and Giulia had fallen asleep but Alberto knew they would be excited to hear the news tomorrow. Alberto led Luca to his new bed, and for the first night in a long time, Luca was snuggled up next to Alberto. Feeling all the love, security, passion, and safety he had ever felt before.

Weeks. And weeks. They went by like lightning bolts. Quick and electrical. It was almost like a dream. Every day Luca and Alberto did something knew with you and Giulia. At night they would stargaze together, sometimes visit Lucas parents who always had a nice meal prepared, go on midnight picnics, and most and best of all hold each other. The biggest sense of love was felt as they touched each other, as they laid in each other's arms, as they held hands. They loved. Every second they spent together.