Chapter 8 - Finally (re edit)

2nd Person POV

"Buongiorno", you said sleepily to Alberto, who was already sitting up watching the view outside your window. "Buongiorno.", he said back not turning his head away from the view. "Uh whatcha lookin at?", you asked. "That.", he said pointing at the ocean. "Hm it's pretty isn't it.", you said back. "Yeah. I'm taking Luca there today", he responded. "To swim?", you asked confused. "On a date. A real one.", he said. "Really?! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!", you yelled out loudly. "Wait! You need to get ready!", you exclaimed. "What's wrong with wearing this?", he asked. "Well-", you thought for a moment. "Actually no! Just wear that Luca will love it", you smiled. "So are you two gonna kisss?", you asked poking Albertos arm playfully. "I- I don't know", he said smiling and lightly shoving your hand away.

~~~~

By the time Alberto finally decided he was mentally ready, the sun was already moments before setting. "Okay.. I think I'm ready now.", "Are you sure you've been saying that FOR THE PAST FIVE HOURS! YOU HAVENT EVEN STOOD UP OR DONE ANYTHING!", you groaned. "It's called mental preparation!", he said back sassily.
"Giulia! I -", you winked at Alberto. "I need help with something.", you said leaning against her front door. Luca came up from behind her, "With what?", your eyes widened and you quickly came up with an excuse. "It's uh something. You don't know about hehe.. you know uh girl stuff.", you said quickly. "Uh.. okay.", he responded suspiciously. "Okay let's go BYE!", you shouted out while grabbing Giulia's wrist and leading her more than twenty feet away. "Y/n?! What are you doing don't you know i'm still ma-", you had completely forgotten. " Giulia just look", you said turning her head in the boys direction. Alberto was talking, holding Lucas hands and they both went in for a hug. "Huh?! How'd you..", she trailed off. "I snuck to your house and called Luca down and had him talk with Alberto!", you said proudly. "You WHAT? Without me?!", "Well you were upset! Thought i'd let you cool down a bit you know.. Anyway we gotta find something to do today.", you groaned. "Well.. I know! You can help me with the deliveries!", she said jumping up and down. "Great!", you said sarcastically and she pulled you back to the pescheria to get started.

~~
"So uh what exactly are we doing?", Luca asked as he timidly walked around, carefully observing the people around them. "Dating! Or well actually no. Going on a date!", Alberto said proudly wrapping his arm around Lucas. "Alberto not here!", Luca whispered unwrapping their arms. "Ugh!", Alberto groaned. "How about the beach!", "The beach! Alberto did you forget..", "No I mean just sitting in the sand! We could watch the sun set! That's romantic right?", he asked with a smile. Luca giggled, "Yeah I guess it is"
-
"Pretty.", Alberto stated. Both of them were sitting in the sand, their feet just a few inches away from the water. "Yeah.. I never realized how beautiful the ocean was until I was away from it.", Luca responded. "I wasn't talking about the ocean.", Alberto laughed lightly. Luca looked over and cocked his head in confusion, "Than what?", he questioned. "You.", Alberto simply stated. Lucas whole body turned into jelly. He stuttered trying to come up with an answer. "T- uh thanks..", he said quickly looking back at the ocean. The butterflies in his stomach were soaring at this point. "So I know you might not want to talk about this now but.. I like you. And uh you like me right?", Alberto questioned. A knot formed in Lucas throat, "Uhm yes", he squeaked. "So uh why aren't we dating?", Alberto joked. "Uh uh well ..", Luca couldn't come up with an Answer. Alberto scooted over so he would now be directly across from Luca, he crossed his legs and Luca shifted uncomfortably. "Luca.. I can protect you. I won't let anything happen to you. Nobody would know.", he said reaching out to grab Lucas hands. "I - But Ercole... my parents..It's dangerous.", Luca said in shame. He was scared. He wished for anything that he could be happy, he could openly love Alberto. But that just wasn't an option for him. "And.. what if my parents come looking for me.. I - I just have a lot to worry about right now.", Luca said quietly bringing his head down. "I won't let them! Remember our dream? Getting a vespa leaving together just me and you.", Alberto asked, his voice soft. Luca didn't answer. "I'm gonna keep working, getting fish. We will get enough money and we can go.", Alberto reassured softly. "But what about Y/n and Giulia? Wont they miss us?", Luca asked. Alberto sighed. He hadn't thought of that. "I- I don't know.", he responded, now unsure of the once 'dream' they shared. "Luca. You do love me right?", Alberto asked bringing his hand to raise Lucas face up. "..yes", Luca responded quietly. "Well.. that's all I need to know.", Alberto responded. The two of them didn't say anything, for a moment it was as if time slowed, just looking into each other's eyes. Alberto slowly came closer, Luca didn't move. Alberto had seen moments like this in posters, Giulia's books and movies he got glimpses of when he would try to sneak into the theater. He didn't know exactly how kissing worked but it didn't look hard. Alberto brought his lips to Lucas and kept them there for a few seconds. He backed away, "uhh", Luca smiled. "I think you did it wrong.. I think it's more like this", Luca said Alberto sat there quietly, closed his eyes and puckered his lips. Luca gave him a quick kiss was quick and left Alberto shocked. He quickly got his confidence " I can probably do better", he said talking in a matter of factly tone. Luca didn't respond, instead he brought his lips back to Albertos.

"This way! I heard they come out at night!", a voice boomed. Luca quickly pulled away. "Hey?!", Alberto groaned with a frown. "Sh! Do you hear that?", the voice asked and silence followed. Both Luca and Albertos eyes widened. They both ran to the nearest rock and peeked in the direction of the voice. Ercole, Guido, and Ciccio. "Run.", they both whispered in synchronization. They both quickly jolted hand in hand towards Giulia's. "Hey! You two are finnnnallly back!", you called out from Giulia's front step. You were just saying your goodbyes when they arrived. "Hah yeah! Looong day! I'm tired aren't you Luca?", Alberto asked and Luca quickly nodded. "Uhm well I assume you two are sleeping in the hideout?", Giulia asked and they nodded before running off. "Yes!", both you and Giulia cheered giving each other a high five. "They sooo kissed I could see it in Albertos face!", you laughed.

Luca and Alberto climbed up the hideout and set up their pillows and blanket. Alberto yawned and stretched before letting his head hit the pillow. Luca stayed seated looking up at the stars. "Lay down!", Alberto begged tugging on his sleeve. "Just wait a minute.", Luca said not looking down. Alberto sat up beside him and scooted close enough for the two of them to be touching. "What is it?", Alberto asked. "Nothing.", Luca real unsurely. "Really. What is it?", Alberto asked. "Will we ever be able to show how we feel.. you know like in public? Like all the normal couples. Or do we have to stay hidden?", Luca asked. The heavy question shocked Alberto. "Well.. I don't know. But! We shouldn't think of that now", he said laying back down. "Yeah I guess you're right.", Luca said laying down beside him. "Goodnight Alberto.", "Goodnight L-ove"