Chapter 11 - Descisions

2nd Person Pov

"Do you want to come back.. Luca and Massimo aren't mad i'm sure of it. You guys can talk things out.", you said reassuringly. "I don't want to talk to Luca.", Alberto sniffled. "What about Massimo?", you asked quietly. "He's probably scared of me. I tricked him.", Alberto said wiping away a tear. "Alberto- I'm not scared. Or upset. Please come down.", Massimo's voice made him flinch a bit. Alberto looked at you and you helped him up. You both climbed down the shed top and down to Massimo.

You sat beside Alberto as he explained himself to Massimo. His whole life story. His true life story. This brought tears to Massimo's eyes the thought of Alberto being all alone and lost in the world pulled at his heart. Before Alberto could finish, Massimo quickly pulled him into a hug. "I would be glad to call you my son any day. Alberto.", Albertos shocked expression quickly melted into one of hope and love.

~~Meanwhile~~

"Luca where are you going?!", Giulia called out. "Back home.", Luca said looking back at her. Her face was a mix of fear and worry, "I- I need to see my parents.", Luca said quietly before running as fast as he could to the ocean. He swam. Swam.

He quietly swam through the front of his families cave, his head low in shame. "Luca?! LUCA!?", his mom yelled swimming over to him and cradling him in her arms. "Where have you been?! We've been looking everywhere for you?!", his father said joining in the hug. "I- i'm sorry!", Luca began to sob. "Where were you?!", his mom demanded to know. He sat down and began to explain everything. Telling everything. But leaving out one important detail. Alberto wasn't just a friend to him.

~~

You, Massimo, and Alberto walked back to Giulia's house. Giulia sat on the kitchen table, her eyes glued to the floor. "Where's Luca?", Alberto asked. "He left. He said he had to see his parents.", Giulia responded. Massimo sadly looked over at Alberto who was clearly hurt. "He hates me.. doesn't he?", Alberto asked. You looked over at Giulia then over to Alberto, "He doesn't. I'm sure he just needs to think.", you said quietly.

As the weeks passed, Alberto got settled into his new home, though the rest of the town didn't know he was a sea monster, you, Giulia, and Massimo did. And for him, a weight was lifted off his shoulders. All the while Luca returned to his old life, taking care of the fish, being watched extra carefully by his mother.

"Luca come eat!", Lucas mom Daniela called out. "Wait mom. I uh need to do something really quick.", Luca said swimming out the cave. Daniela looked over at her husband Lorenzo then over at her mom who seemed to not notice Luca swim away. She waited a couple of minutes before speaking up, "Lorenzo, Luca has been gone for almost thirty minutes!", she said loudly. "Well where did he go?", Lorenzo asked. "I don't know but you're helping me find him.", Daniela responded.

Without their knowledge Luca had visited the island, hoping to find Alberto there. Failing. As he got back into the water and began to make his way over to Portorosso his parents spotted him. They followed him from a distance.

You and Giulia ran to the dock, full of people and boats. "We got a lot!", Alberto smiled giving you two a thumbs up as Massimo patted his back. "Yay! Does that mean break?", Giulia asked and Massimo nodded. The three of you cheered and ran over to the shore, busy, full of kids playing and people swimming. "SEA MONSTER!", someone almost 15 feet away from the shore yelled as they hurried to swim back to land. "What?!", you questioned as you, Alberto and Giulia looked at each other. Luca had been swimming this way, so eager to see Alberto he didn't care if he himself was outed to the world for the creature he was. Daniela and Lorenzo began to swim to their son quickly yelling his name in hopes to get his attention. But it was too late. "KILL IT!", people around the shore began chanting. "NO!", Alberto yelled as a person through a harpoon randomly into the water. Alberto leaped in and everyone around began to gasp. The boy they knew as Massimos adoptive son, their fish provider and even a community helper.. was a. Sea monster. "Luca!", Alberto yelled. The two reached out for each other, standing up and quickly hugging. "STOP!", Massimo yelled, out of breathe. He had heard the yelling and ran over. People were getting ready to fire harpoons but stopped at the sound of his voice. "He is my son. He is who he is. They are who they are. And you will not hurt them.", Massimo said. His voice booming loudly. Daniela and Lorenzo, made it near Luca and everyone gasped as they walked their way out to the knee foot deep water where the two young sea monsters stood. Before Daniela and Lorenzo could speak Luca quickly smashed his lips into Albertos, causing for another crowd of gasps. "L-Luca! You're-", Daniela didn't finish her sentence. "I'll never leave you again", Luca sobbed into Albertos arms. "You don't have to.", Alberto said back rubbing Lucas back. Everyone was quiet. The sad and emotional moment taking everyone's attention from the fact they weren't human.

"Alright people! Nothing to see here! We won't hurt them! They are just like us! They can love! They can cry! They can feel pain! We have no reason to hate them!", Massimo yelled out. Following his voice came the many chatters of people.

Alberto and Luca walked over to where you and Giulia stood for a nice long group hug. In the meantime Lorenzo and Daniela introduced themselves to Massimo.

"Alberto. You can come live with me. I'm sure my parents won't mind. We could be together all the time", Luca smiled. "I- I don't know.. Massimo.. he uh he needs me around you know. Why don't you stay with us?", Alberto asked. Luca furrowed his eyebrows. "Alberto! You know I can't stay on the surface.", Luca said letting go of Albertos hand. "Well I need a dad Luca. He's my dad. I've had so many years taken away from me just let me have this!", Alberto said loudly. You and Giulia backed away carefully deciding it would be best to not intrude. "Alberto! What do you do up here anyway?! What work all day? You want this more than being with me?", Luca questioned. "Luca. You have a family. You wouldn't understand. You don't live far. I can visit you. I love you Luca.", Alberto said softening his tone. "But I want to always be with you.", Luca sniffled. "I know.", Alberto said quietly holding Luca to his chest. "I know."