𝟎𝟎𝟓

WHEN they'd finally arrived at Mike's house, T laid on the with her head resting on Lucas's shoulder as he massaged her knuckles, El sat in front of her on the floor crisscrossed

"You ok?" Lucas asked looking down at her. "Yes." Thirteen replied, her voice almost in a whisper.

She looked down to see Lucas holding her hand. He looked down to see what she was looking at and he removed his hand from hers.

"Why're you holding my hand?" He asked with attitude. "Y-you were holding mine." She replied as she sat up.

"What's going on?" Mike asked looking over at the two.

"The weirdo was holding my hand, ugh!" Lucas rubbed his hand on his shirt.

"No i didn't!" Thirteen replied.

"But her head was on your shoulder and you didn't say anything about that." Dustin spoke.

"Because she asked! I don't want any weirdos holding my hand!"

Mike and Dustin both look at each other in annoyance.

"I'm gonna wash my hands!" Lucas push past the boys walking towards the bathroom.

As soon as the door shuts Mike and Dustin look back at T, "Thirteen are you ok?" Mike asked her.

She nods in response, "promise."

The group finds their way outside after they let El and T rest

The group finds their way outside after they let El and T rest. The boys held their compasses following the direction it tells them to go. El walks in the back with Mike, T walks with Dustin and Lucas looking down at her shoes.

"How much further?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know, these only tell direction, not distance." Dustin replied.

"We should almost be there." Thirteen spoke.

"You really need to learn more about compasses." Lucas said to Dustin.

"I'm just saying." Dustin replied walking up further leaving Lucas and Thirteen alone.

"Do you know how to get to the gate?" Lucas asked.