Trouble

"I told you so." I said with a small smile as we walked through the white corridors, our guns held up.

"Told me what?" Gally furrowed his eyebrows.

"That Newt was alive."

"I always believed you." He shrugged, keeping his eyes in front of him.

I laughed, "No, you didn't."

"I did-" He pushed open a door and peered through, "Woah."

"What?"

He held the door open the full way, allowing me to look in. I stepped closer, shooting him a look just incase he was messing with me.

The room was full of robots. Robots that looked exactly like Ava Paige. There was at least ten, all dressed in her doctors fit. They were stood the same way, eyes wide open.

My mouth hung open while my eyes looked at each one. I went to walk in, but Gally grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Don't go in. It might be dangerous."

I nodded and we continued walking in silence, thinking about what we just saw.

"I shot an android that she was controlling." I blurted, still running the situation through my head.

"Basically." Gally sighed, "Why would she create them?"

"God only knows. For more hands? Maybe she knew we were coming? I don't know."

"Where could she be?" Gally muttered, pushing open a few more doors that led into dark, empty rooms.

"She could be anywhere. Literally. She might not even be-" I started.

"Y/n, it's me, your mum." Ava spoke through speakers, echoing through the walls.

"I'm sorry, darling."

I scoffed and furrowed my eyebrows. Darling? That's new. What was she on about? Sorry about what?

A bomb went off, sending Gally and I flying in opposite directions. The walls around us, immediately cracked and fell while the ceiling crumbled, threatening to collapse.

Ah. That's what she was sorry about.

I coughed as dust filled my lungs. There was too much rubble for me to see Gally but I could hear his groans. The ceiling finally fell, I failed in my attempt to try and avoid being crushed. It crashed down on one of my legs, the one that got shot in the city. I yelled out in pain as a cracking noise ring out, signalling that my bone had broken.

"Y/n?" Gally roared as he shuffled around, "Where are you?"

"Here." I choked, trying to lift the heavy bit of rock of me.

He stumbled across the uneven mess before staring at my trapped legs.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." He swore as he tried to lift it, "Oh no."

"My leg is broken." I cried as another surge of pain rang through my body.

"I figured, as seen as it's bent backwards." He winced at the sight of it.

"Is it actually?" I laughed, "Cool."

"Cool? Y/n, that is not cool." He ran a hand over his face before assessing the situation more, "Okay. I'm going to try move it."

"You do that. I would help but you know..." I trailed off, biting my lip as he moved the ceiling slightly.

"I have to get this off." Gally mumbled to himself.