Loss

I turned my head to see Newt break out of some sort of trance when Thomas grabbed his jacket. I scrambled over to them.

"T, we need to move. There are too many people here." I told him.

"Okay." He fumbled with Newt's jacket, "We gotta now. Come on. Let's go."

"No. No, Thomas." Newt said aggressively while trying to rip a necklace off his neck.

"Come on! We can do this later! We gotta get you up, now!"

"No, just take this! Take it!" Newt shouted causing Thomas' pleading to stop. He held up a piece of string with a small canister on the end.

Thomas took Newt's hand in a firm hold.

"Please, Tommy, please." He cried.

"Alright." Thomas replied gently while taking the necklace and shoving it into his pocket.

Newts eyes wandered everywhere and I could tell he was extremely dizzy.

"I need you to give us everything you've got. You ready?"

Newt nodded slightly as Thomas lifted him up.

"Y/n, you lead the way. I've got him." Thomas instructed.

All of us were slow. I had a bullet in my leg and Thomas was carrying Newt who could barely walk by himself. We hobbled across the fire ridden street, trying to avoid the random shots.

We made it to a building and I smashed the window on the door allowing us to slip through. Finally, somewhere quiet. I helped Thomas carry Newt as his foot was being dragged behind him.

"We're almost there, Newt. Stay with me, come on." Thomas struggled.

"Come on, Goldie. You got this." I tried my best to smile convincingly.

As soon as I spoke those words, Newt collapsed out of our arms onto the hard stone floor. Before he fully hit the floor, he shoved me away causing my leg to twist and hurt even more.

I kept my eyes focussed on the two boys in front of me as I shuffled backwards so my back was wrested on a pole. I attempted to stand up to get to them and help get Newt further but each time my leg fell.

"Newt, no, no, no." Thomas spoke quickly as Newt began to gag.

He pulled Newt a little further until he fell as well.

"Thomas?" Teresa voice fill our ears through a speaker, "Y/n?"

We both froze and Thomas looked at me, earning a shrug of confusion.

"Can you hear me? I need you both to listen to me. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back."

Thomas slowly stood.

"You can save Newt."

My eyes fell to my half-dead best friend in front of me.

"There's still time for him. There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore. It's your blood. Do you understand? She isn't sick, because- because you both cured her. She doesn't have to be the only one. All you have to do is come back. And this will all be finally over. Please. Thomas, just come back to me."