You Wander Off

Hades:

Living with Hades was going well. He kept you well-fed, clean, and happy. He would take you outside sometimes for some sunshine and let you pick what you like for meals but that's it. You were looking out the window of his throne room where you could see the river Styx. Hades was behind you looking at his chess pieces and moving them around.

"May we go outside today?" You asked him.

"No sweetie, it rained today, it's too cold out." Hades answered.

You sighed wishing you could go out, looking down you see that the boatman was rowing back and stepped out of his boat before opening the gates. You noticed he didn't close it. Grinning you pass Hades who didn't think anything of it, he just thought you were going to go play in your room.

You walked through the gate since you can't open it when it's closed and got into the boat. You've seen the boatman row it every day so you just copied what he did and rowed out of the underworld.

Finally, outside it was pretty cold and still wet and muddy from the rain but you didn't plan on being out too long. You were happily jumping in mud puddles not realizing you were not far from home and at the temples. You smiled when you saw the place you met Hades at. You looked in and noticed that once again Hades had no offerings while the others had plenty. Figuring no one would notice you took something from each temple and put it in Hades. When you got to the last one a bolt of lightning appeared and there stood a big scary man.

"Who dare steals from the mighty Zeus?"

You screamed as he raised a thunderbolt, you ran as fast as you could before he could get you.

"Zeus!" Hera quickly grabbed his arm. "Are you mad? It's just a child!"

"She stole from all of us!" Zeus argued as more Olympian Gods appeared.

As you ran you ran right into the arms of Hades who lifted you up. "Y/N, didn't I tell you no going outside today? Look at ya, you're shivering." Hades made a blanket appear and wrapped it around you.

"Hades? You know this child?" Hera asked.

Hades groaned. "Yeah, she's my kid."

"That's impossible." Athena scoffed. "She's not a demi-god."

"I adopted her bird brain." Hades snapped. "Seriously, how are you wisdom? Your pet is smarter than you."

Ares chuckled at Hades insulting his sister. "Bird brain."

"A God raising a human?" Zeus said. "Now that's just nonsense."

"Says the guy whose son was raised by humans." Hades smirked.

Zeus started stuttering. "That's different."

"Is it?" Hades rolled his eyes. "I love this kid more than any of you love your kids, unlike all of you I never abandoned her. I even babyproofed the whole underworld. The only reason she got out was because my idiot employee forgot to close the stupid gate! Fate gave her to me, she was abandoned in my temple and I've had her for weeks now!"

"You have no time to raise a child." Zeus argued.

Hades blue fire flamed up high, it would have been red but that would have hurt you. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! MY PLACE ON OLYMPUS! MY RESPECT! EVEN MY FREEDOM BUT YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY CHILD! YOU CAN TELL ME TO BE KING OF THE UNDERWORLD! YOU CAN TELL ME TO COME TO YOUR STUPID BORING PARTIES BUT YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHO I CAN HAVE IN MY LIFE!" With that Hades and you were back in the underworld and his flames went down. "That felt good."