no more fear

I sat there, a silent scream exiting my mouth. Every bone in my body telling me to run, run far away, but I couldn't.
I couldn't leave him, the one and only Simon after all he hadn't left me all those times I needed him. The only reason he was laying life less and bleeding out right now was my fault.

The axe was headed for me, stupid- stupid Simon, why? Why did you always have to save me. As I sat there ready for my final blow to join Simon where ever he was in the after life, I was left alone, no final blow or even scratch was put on me. By some curse I was left unscathed by the axe murderer who had just killed Simon, my Simon.

The blood on my hands smelling of copper, metallic and still warm to the touch, Simon always said I looked good in red and dawned in red I was. His blood soaked every crevice it could reach, I was desperately and silently trying to stop the bleeding, I was failing, it was no use he was already gone but it didn't stop me from crying, I heard the others trying to revive Sam.
I didn't care if she stayed dead, she is the reason he is dead.

~....................................~

As I trudged into my house, it was cold and dark, but then again what wasn't cold and dark now.
Simon always hated when I looked at the world as such a dull place, but Simon wasn't here to stop me.
My Mom tried to console me, but her attempts were all wasted, as I just trudged my way up the stairs to my room, as I stared at the drawn on white walls my eyes immediately scanned to find where he had signed my wall, what seemed like forever ago.
Once I had the little autograph in sight I walked over to carres the letters, my fingers traced over the S I M O N over and over again then finally the heart at the end.
I didn't bother changing my blood stained clothes, it was mostly dry any way, the blood soaked white shirt was the last thing Simon had given me. The last thing he had touched when he still had Life in his eyes.

As I closed my eyes, I made a wish, a wish with every fiber of my being I would have just died too.
As sleep took over, his face was all I saw, smiling at me and laughing as he helped me draw on my walls just the previous week. Adding to what we had already drawn what seemed like a million years ago.

My dreams all turned sour as I awoke with a teary eye at 3:33 AM. I stared at my wall with a blank expression, before laying down again and trying to drift to sleep once more.

I realized my desprate attempt at sleep, was going to fail so with a unreadable express I slowly got up, walking slowly to my door and down the stairs.
I entered the kitchen without a sound, walking to the cabinet where we keep the glasses so I could get some water, once the cup was filled with water from the tap, I only just then realized how thirsty I was as I chugged the water like no tomorrow.
The house me and my Mother live in is old, the floor boards creak loudly. If you were even to drop a penny, a God awful squeaky sound would echo through the halls, so how I didn't hear the blonde boy behind me, I have no idea.

As a pair of hands slid slowly onto my hips, I tried not to scream. I felt a pair of cold lips press thoughtfully against my neck only to be removed and a head rest where they once were. I gasped as the freezing skin of who ever was behind me, made my warm skin tingle.
My attempts to turn around to face whom ever it was were futile. Their grip was to strong, just then I realized how unbelievably strong they were holding me. The grip hurt, I knew it would bruise. I stopped struggling and just stayed still hoping that who ever it was would make it quick.

That was until I heard a voice, so familiar, a voice that made my stomach fill with butterflies every time I heard it, which was no different now.
But the butterflies had knifes, and were stabbing at my heart.

"why are you so tense, I thought you'd be happy to see me?"
My stiffness loosened and I exhaled a sigh that sounded more like a gasp.

Simon.

"Simon" as the name left my mouth the figure chuckled, a small smile spread on my face but as I tried to turn around, I found I was still being help tightly in place.

"Simon, you're hurting me" I whispered out.
The grip loosened but not enough for me to turn.

"You can't look at me" he said, I could hear a sadness in his stern tone.

A puzzled look came over my face, as one word left my mouth.

"Why?".

The pair of cold hands moved up my sides, as I saw them extend infront of me as I felt his body press against mine.

His hands were pale, just then I remembered a shocking fact, Simon was dead. Stone. Cold. Dead.

I had saw him die.

Before I could scream one could hand shot over my mouth chilling my skin,
The other reting gently around me.

"Please, (Y/N) don't scream, I don't want to have to leave you again", his tone was pleading.

I once again un tensed in his loose but firm grip.
His hand came off my mouth and rested with his other holding them together around my stomach area.

I wish we could have just stood like that, frozen in time forever, but we couldn't one question still remained.

"Simon" I questioned.

"Yes?" As he spoke, it seemed as if he already knew what I was going to ask.

"Is the reason I can't look at you, because you're dead?" His grip tightened quickly once again crushing me. I don't think he knew his own strength.

"Yes, yes it is I don't look normal, I dont want to scare you" he sighed.

"You won't" I pleaded out hoping he would understand, I watched him die, I saw him dead already, bleeding out on the floor. Seeing him as a ghost surely couldn't be much different.

He let go complete, another sigh leaving his mouth as I slowly turned to face him.

He was right, he didn't look normal, his hair was still blonde, the wounds inflicted on him gone, but his eyes once a greenish blue, we're now a dark black, his skin was paler then it had ever been, and he had heavy dark circles under his eyes it was as if he hadn't slept for years.

"This was a mistake, you're scared, I shouldn't have come here" he sethed.

But before he could walk off, I placed a soft warm kiss on his cold dead lips, I felt as he stiffened under my lips.
His hands flew to my face, separating our faces.
A puzzled look flew on my face, as he stared into my eyes, then his lips met mine in what felt like the speed of light, the way he kissed me felt hungry, and yet had a gentle edge.

When we finally parted, I needed to gasp for air, his face was unreadable, before he smiled, that smile I loved so much.
His head snapped in the direction of the kitchen door, before locking eyes with me.

"Same time tomorrow then?" He said quickly.

"Your going to leave me again?" My face probably looked angry.

"I have to, your mom wouldn't allow me to spend the night when I was alive, so im assuming same rules for me being dead" he saw my eyes sadden, so he quickly added, "I'll be back tomorrow, I promise" and with that he was gone.

That numb feeling washed over me once again as my mother walked in the kitchen.