Camp Cretaceous

Two hours later, I felt arms on my shoulders shaking me violently. I paused my music and turned to Kenji, who grinned beside me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes and pointed at the window, so I looked over. Nine people stood near the helicopter pad.

"We are here!" I exclaimed, stating the obvious, and Kenji crossed his arms.

"I know, and now I need to get myself ready," he said. I raised my eyebrow, staring at him quizzically.

"Why would you need to get "ready?" I asked.

He sighed and shook his head, "No. I mean to fit the vibe, duh."

Did he really need to do all that? Or did the other campers do the same?... I should have done something else or fixed up my hair. I peered out the window again, scrutinising the people below.

Two wore red shirts with an air of authority, one in black with a uniform that resembled our guards, and the others were shorter in various colours. With a ruffle of his bag, Kenji took out his sunglasses before hanging the duffel bag on his shoulder. The helicopter landed with a thud, and the uniformed male pulled open the door opposite me.

Kenji was climbing out with a smirk. He threw his arms out as he said, "Kenji is here, so let the party commence!"

I smiled at Kenji and then bid goodbye to my father and Candy (Candy was the only one who replied). I quickly put my headphones and MP3 player into my bag before leaving.

As I exited the helicopter, my father signalled to the pilot, and they took off. Turning around, I looked at the campers.

There were two boys and three girls; the first boy had dark skin and a yellow hoodie, and the other had a neat blue shirt and dirty blonde hair. The first girl had bubblegum pink hair that matched her pink coat, the next girl with a long, dark ponytail and sportswear, and the last with a short dark bob and a wide grin.

I nervously waved at them with a smile, and they all waved back, apart from the pink-haired girl whose eyes were glued to her screen. Kenji and I walked over to the group of teens; he chucked his bag to the female in red (who I quickly recognised as Roxanne or Roxie from an interview I passed by last year) and narrowly missed my head in doing so.

"Put this in my room."

Roxie was caught off guard and stumbled back with the heavy bag, casting a cold glare at Kenji, who stood before the boy in yellow. I gave Roxie an apologetic look, going red from embarrassment at my brother's lack of tact towards staff.

"So, what's your deal?"

Kenji yelped as his bag hit him square in the back, and he fell to the floor. The girl staring at her phone pointed it at Kenji as she and the others laughed. I knew I shouldn't have laughed with them, but holding it in was challenging, and it was all so funny! Even so, I helped him and dusted off the dirt that made a small stain on his clothes.

"You idiot!" I whispered.

"Oh, shush," Kenji whispered back.

Roxie turned to the rest of us with a wide grin. "Okay. Let's go, campers!"

She walked over to a red jeep, gesturing for us to sit down as she and her co-worker entered it. I sat on the left corner, the back window beside my face, and waited for Kenji, who was picking up his bag. The boy Kenji had previously talked to sat down to my right and smiled.

"Isn't this place amazing?" he asked in an overly-excited voice. I nodded with a shy smile.

"No matter how often I come here, Jurassic World never fails to make me marvel," I replied. "What's your name?"