Dino Drive

Dave and Roxie brought us to the grazing field. There were four gyrospheres to the side. One was bigger and had three seats instead of one, the joystick conveniently in front of the middle seat. I'm going to call it a triadosphere.

Darius had his "dino fanboy" look and was shivering as he eyed the gyrospheres. Sammy bounced beside him with a grin.

"The is gonna be so much fun!"

Walking towards the closest gyrosphere, Darius pressed his hand against the glass. "We get to drive gyrospheres? Cool!" he sighed.

Roxie smiled pleasantly at his enthusiasm.

"Saddle up, dudes and dudettes. We're going on a cattle drive, but with dinosaurs–it's a dino drive!" Dave said in a bubbly voice.

Ben walked over to our counsellors with a nervous frown. "And to be clear, all these dinosaurs are herbivores, right?" he asked, eyeing the dinosaurs in the distance.

Roxie smirked, "Well, they only chewed on the last kid a little, so we're 99% sure they are cool."

Ben whimpered and backed away, and Roxie turned to the rest of us.

"Park personnel are moving the dinos across the field, and we get to ride along behind them," she said, pointing to the herd.

"Are you kidding me? Dinosaur migration patterns are my jam!" Darius excitedly burst out, grinning. Kenji scoffed.

"You may wanna consider a new jam, bro," he said snarkily. He then walked over to Dave and Roxie, resting his arms on their shoulders. "So you sure these things are waterproof? Looking pretty grim out there, and hair this awesome doesn't come easy," Kenji said, earning a glare from Roxie.

Dave cast him an annoyed glance. "Your hair is going to be fine, Kenji. The storm has already moved up the coast, away from us," he said, and Kenji let out a small sigh of relief.

"Cool! Time to show these fools what a gyrosphere master can do!" Kenji exclaimed, making his way over to one of the gyrospheres before being pulled back by Roxie. She smirked darkly.

"No way! You are riding with Ben as a passenger."

I laughed, Kenji staring at the Roxie with a scandalised expression. "Seriously? But he's so..."

He pointed towards Ben, who was in the other gyrosphere. Ben was moving the vehicle forward with small jags and was suddenly thrown into the glass, his face sliding slowly.

"Live it up, tough guy," Roxie snickered, her hand on her hip.

As Kenji walked over to Ben, I giggled, and he shot me a furious glare. I burst out laughing again, and he looked away in embarrassment. Yasmina entered a gyrosphere alone, but her serene, smiling face switched to one of alarm and aggravation when Sammy joined her.

Brooklynn went to sit in the triadosphere, staring at her phone with a sad frown. I stared at her for a moment, unsure whether to join her, before I tried to interact with Brooklynn when she seemed like that seemed a bad idea. I looked at the other two gyrospheres, but they were, of course, occupied.

Reluctantly, I sat on the seat on the far right of the triadosphere. Darius then appeared by the left door, waving.

"Hey, Kiara! Hey, Brooklynn... Are you guys as stoked as I am for our gyrosphere adventure?" he asked, stepping over my legs to sit between Brooklynn and me.

"Yes, I cannot wait to see some parasaurolophuses up close!" I replied.

"Me too!" Darius smiled. He then glanced at Brooklynn, who still had yet to reply. "Brooklynn, are you ready for this?" he asked.