BCJ 1 • strawberries and cigarettes

Note: very slooooowww updates

***

Ezekiel Pete Ramirez haughtily made his way through the crowd, mindlessly pushing aside the people who blocked his way. He let out a devious smile as he heard the swoons of the girls as he inserted his hands inside the pockets of his leather jacket, a total opposite of the uniform worn by the other students in the university.

He is used to attention and he loves it. He seeks it.

Being the most handsome one, he is adored by many. They also feared him.

No one dares to touch him without his permission.

No one dares to enter his territory.

And no one dares to steal his woman, who only lasted for a week at most.

He is the campus heartthrob. But some call him the campus heart breaker.

But he didn't really care what they called him. As long as he gets what he wants, he doesn't give a damn about what other people think.

He swiftly grabbed a cigarette stick from his pocket and lit it up, puffing the smoke continuously as he leaned on his red Porsche 718 Cayman and Boxster, his fifth car to be exact. His father recently got it for him as an apology gift for not making it to his birthday.

You see, some may think he's got it all, but no one knows how miserable he is, not even his friends.

Not even his parents who just got divorced.

As a product of an arranged marriage, he never got to see his parents happy, not even once. Not even on his birthdays. His parents hate each other so much that they don't sleep in the same bedroom, nor live in the same house.

He basically lives alone.

When he reached 18, he requested that they buy him a condo unit in the city for being in their house just didn't feel right. Not when his parents would only be there to check on him once a week.

His mother already has a family on her own and is about to get married. And he hates her. Sort of. Especially when she just brought him to her new family's affair and even introduced her step son to him, John Kavine.

So he did what he just had to do. He ruined the dinner.

His mother was upset. But he couldn't be more upset. Not when she told him she is gonna get married like she was just telling him that she was buying a new dress.

And it somehow made him pity his father. Ever since his parents got divorced, he buried himself in work, so much work that he even failed to attend his son's important days.

Pete carelessly flicked the cigarette butt to the ground before getting another one.

Smoking is prohibited in the school grounds, but he still manages to sneak in some.

And no one dares to report him to the office. They don't wanna mess with him.

He was about to light the new one when he spotted a guy storming towards him. His brows furrowed and lips in a straight line as he hastily made his way towards Pete.

"Haven't you read the student manual? You're not allowed to smoke inside the campus."

Pete doesn't know his name but he certainly has seen him before.

"Why do you care? It's my cigarette. Not yours."

"As a student in this university, I have the right to correct the wrongdoings of my fellow students," the guy proclaimed before grabbing the unlit cigarette from his hand and throwing it to the nearby trash bin.