Nine

Madison groaned as she woke up. She was feeling awful. She ran a hand through her hair. She groaned as she shot up and rushed into the bathroom. She started throwing up.

Madison knew she was pregnant. And that she did want her baby. But she also knew she was scared. She didn't know what to do.

She knew that she wanted her baby more than anything. But she knew what happened last time. That she was scared.

Once she finished throwing up,  she sat on the floor and sighed. Madison pulled her knees to her chest. She smiled as she saw Raf. "You okay?" He asked.

Madison nodded. "I guess so. I'm scared. I mean, last time, I lost the baby. And there's a risk of it happening again," she told him as she looked to him.

Raf placed a hand on her cheek. He smiled as he helped her up. He pulled her close and kissed her. "I know that you're worried. But it'll be okay.  I'm here. And we have to be positive. We have to be positive that everything will be okay," he said and smiled as he leant in and kissed her.

****

Madison got to work and stood on the ward. She smiled as Lexi walked over to her. Lexi looked to her and smiled. "I spoke to Raf. He told me that you're worried. I just wanted to see how you are. I know you lost the baby last time. I do think you'll be a great mum. I know that you're scared. But it'll be okay. You know that. You're not alone. And it's not like last time. And if you ask me, I think Raf will make a great dad. You'll be great together," Lexi said.

Madison looked to her and smiled. "I know. It's just the fear. I mean, I'm excited. And I've been looking at nursery ideas, names and pushchairs. It's just the fear of it all I guess," she told her.

Lexi smiled. "Oh I know about the fear. I'm pregnant too. And trust me when I say, I'm scared. I'm bipolar too. Bipolar and pregnant. The fear of it scares me even more. And I have to think positive thoughts. Because if I don't, the negative thoughts take over. And that's the last thing you want or need. It'll be okay though," she told her.

Madison looked to her and smiled.

****

Madison smiled as she sat in Pulses. She sat with an iced coffee. She looked up as Raf walked over to her. She smiled as he sat down next to her. He kissed her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Madison nodded and smiled. She took a sip of her drink and grinned. "I'm good. I just have to try and be positive. Because, we're definitely going to be having a baby," she told him.

Raf looked to her and smiled as he kissed her. Madison bit down on his lip and grinned.

Madison had no idea that as she was finally becoming happy, it was all going to come crashing down.