16. human juice

*Warning: Y/N's ex's were douche's who were misogynistic, insecure and condescending as heck, if these people trigger you, please do not read this chapter (they are not explicitly described but their words have cut Y/N deep)*

[Y/N's POV]

You were going back to Earth.

Home.

Well that sounded weird on your tongue, as cliche as it sounded, this camp full of bloodshed and yelling had felt like home to you.

But it's not forever, you're gonna come back.

That was true, you were coming back, this wasn't a goodbye. You didn't understand why you were so emotional. You hauled your small pack of arrows, a dagger, and a change of clothes into Namjoon's ship. Namjoon's ship was much larger than Jungkook's so it just made more sense to use his, but you couldn't stop sighing. What's wrong with me?

"Bracing yourself?" You heard a voice ask behind you.

You smiled, Jungkook.

You nodded as he slid an arm over your shoulders and gave a light squeeze of reassurance, "I don't know why...It feels like I'm leaving home when in reality, I'm coming back home. I've only been here a few weeks- OH MY GOSH!"

Jungkook nearly jumped away, "What's wrong?!"

"It's been a few weeks!" You bit your lower lip, "It must've been years on Earth...."

Jungkook laughed and shook his head, "It should've only been around 18 months for you."

"18 MONTHS?!" You screamed, oh my gosh my parents lost me for 18 months?! My mom is going to kill me.

Jungkook shook his as he gave another squeeze, "Don't worry, since... you're my.... girlfriend.... you probably haven't aged like a normal human-"

You rolled your eyes, "That's not why I'm worried, idiot." You turned to face the man,  "My parents.... Must be worried, they haven't heard anything about me for 18 months."

Jungkook furrowed his brows, "Didn't you say that Taehyung told them that you weren't going to visit them for a while?"

"Yeah, but not for a year and a half!" You mushed your face between your hands, "That's not even the biggest issue, I went MIA for a whole 3 semesters in uni... ughhhhh." You dreaded to think about the amount of work you would have to do when you got back.

"Uni?"

"University. College. School."

"I see... Humans have that too..." Jungkook nodded with a scowl, "So do you humans also study human education? Like us?"

You shook your head, leaning into the parked ship, "We can choose what we study. Language, history, visual art, math." You nearly gagged at the word, thank goodness I am done with that, "science, performance arts-" You heard Jungkook let out a gasp, "What? Are you okay?"

"You can study performance arts?" Jungkook asked eyes wide, maybe in shock or awe... maybe both. His eyes glittered, the golden flecks dancing, "That's amazing."

You nodded, "Do you like performance arts?"

Jungkook nodded, "I like singing... and dancing... but I'm not very good." He scratched the back of his head, "I wanted to learn properly but-" He motioned to the camp around the two of you, "You don't really have time to learn dancing or singing when you're training and leading a place like this. Plus..." He bit his lower lip, gaze slowly shifting away from yours, "I'm a little shy..."