Rajsuya Yagna

Draupadi's pov
Radha? Krishna's childhood friend Radha? Krishna always spoke about her. I knew everything about the Gokul girl. Both Rukmini amd Krishna spoke highly of her and meeting her today was a real honour for me.
She smiled in a heavenly manner. Her smile was like Krishna's. It seemed she was aware of every single thing and she smiled thinking about that.
"You must be Krishna's Krishnaa. Krishna has mentioned you infinite number of times in his letters. You are his best friend,right?" She asked.
She was so easy to talk to and she was probably the sweetest person I knew.
We started spending some beautiful time talking to one another.
"Dont you feel jealous of Rukmini? I mean she is his wife and the entire world will remember him with her despite your love. Dont you feel possessive about Krishna? Dont you fear he will, someday, be detached from your love and memories?" I asked.
I always fear this. With both Karn and Arjun, mostly Karn. What if someday he falls in love with someone else? What if he completely forgets me and my love? How will I ever live?
Radha laughed heartily at my question.
"You are very innocent Draupadi. I cant blame you though. You are barely a few months old. As for your question : how can I ever be jealous of Rukmini. She is Krishna's lover, like me. Your lover may have thousands of lovers but what matters at the end of the day is whether your lover still loves you. And I know my Shyam will love me forever. But that doesnt mean he doesnt love Rukmini. Love is the most complicated feeling in the world if you try to analyze it but once you start feeling it, it becomes simpler than ever. The only thing I know is I love Krishna. And love may not always be returned. You should be prepared for that as well Yagyaseni. My Krishna is different- his heart beats for every being. But when you love someone do you put forward the condition that that person needs to love you back. Why not just love? Love is the most beautiful sensation and the only thing you need to do is love! If you love without any limitations without any expectations , your love will flourish. Doesnt matter if your love is returned! You will find happiness in that one sided love as well. Why do we always fear losing our love? Why not fear destroying our love in order to keep it with ourselves. If your lover is happy with someone else then shouldn't you stay happy with his happiness? Selfless lover is the most important step in love. And as for me Krishna may not be remembered along with me but I will always remember my Krishna. " Radha said smiling ironically.
I was speechless . Whatever she said was so true and honest. Why do we always love in order to get the love in return? Why not love selflessly? Like Radha.

 Why do we always love in order to get the love in return? Why not love selflessly? Like Radha

I knew what I had to do. I knew where I was wrong. I couldnt trust Karn because I was scared of losing him. But how can I ever lose him! He resides in my heart. In the future even when he falls in love with someone else I will love him. That's the beauty of love. No one can ever take away that feeling from me. Only I have the right over that feeling .
"I will come back in a moment" I said as Radha smiled and nodded.
I reached Karn's chamber . I was shocked to see the visual before me but for the first time I didnt freak out even though I saw Asawari lying in my husband's bed chamber.

Karn's pov
Panchali entered my chamber all of a sudden. I was in a very compromising position. Will she listen to me amd believe me if I explained the situation to her. I looked at Asawari still asleep in my bed while I was sitting on the bed close to her feet. My wife looked at me trying to process what she had seen.
But she didnt seem angry. Was she okay? She seemed so calm and serene.
"She tried to give up her life" I said pointing at Asawari.
Panchali was taken aback. She was shocked as she looked at Asawari lying down softly.
I still remember the horrifying event I witnessed when I reached Asawari's chamber. I was walking in the corridor when I heard a noise of things falling down. I ran towards the noise. When I entered Asawari's chamber I was completely taken aback. She was trying to hang herself to death. She had tied a rope in the ceiling while she herself stood on her bed holding the rope in her head. I immediately ran to her and stopped her from committing that disaster. She was crying horribly and within seconds she fainted. I didnt feel it safe to leave her alone in her chamber thus I carried her to our chamber.
I explained the entire story to Draupadi. I was not sure if she would believe me. Asawari had earlier lied about our relation and Draupadi had believed her and today she had seen me in this compromising position. Would she believe me?
"Arya...is she okay!" Draupadi cried with horror looking at Asawari and immediately reaching her.
She believed me...infact I didnt trust her that she would trust me. I felt sorry for judging my wife so quickly. She was the sweetest person I knew.
"I dont know...she was crying..." I said.
Meanwhile Asawari opened her eyes and looked at us. She looked at me and immediately looked away. Then she noticed Draupadi and looked downwards.
"Asawari..." Draupadi whispered and looked at me indicating me yo leave the chamber. She needed some alone time with Asawari.
I nodded and left the chamber not before looking at Panchali and giving her a smile. She smiled back understandingly.