Arjun's great step

Draupadi's pov
The dinner was the most uncomfortable dining I had ever gone through. It was so awkward and out of the blue. The pandavas hated Kafn and I was stuck . Everything seemed so forced. The real reason for the dinner however wasnt mentioned. As Mata Kunti was going to talk about something important pitamah stopped him. Then slowly everyone escaped the dining hall .
As Karn and I were proceeding towards the chamber we saw someone standing alone in the dark. He suddenly called for us with hand movements. We didnt know who it was but Karn stopped me from proceeding.
"I will see...you stay behind me " he said as he protective held my arm. I felt protected and I felt safe. As we approached the man we were shocked.
What was he doing here? At this time of the night?!
"Mitr Karn!" Duryodhan whispered.
I and Karn were surprised to find Gandharinandan there.
"Mitr...what's the matter? What are you doing here?" Karn asked concerned.
"Mitr...bhabhisree...there's something important." He said.
I was behaving politely with Duryodhan. Initially I hesitated but he was so sweet to me and he was treating me with such respect. He was not the villain of my story...why should I hate him? Moreover I also came to know how Duryodhan was not involved in the plan of Varnavrat and how it was a conspiracy of his mamashree. He was not a murdered and he was quite displeased with his uncle when he got to know about the plan. So I couldnt hate Duryodhan.
"Its Bhanumati" Duryodhan said softly.
"Bhanunati, the princess of Kalinga? She is a fierce lady" I commented and immediately stopped as I realised I had spoken my mind.
"That she is...and that's the reason I am in love with her bhabhisree" Duryodhan said.
"So...what's the matter?" Karn asked genuinely confused by now. But I had slowly figured it out.
"Ofcourse Kalinga is hostile towards Hastinapur. The king of Kalinga hates Pitamah Bheesm. So Duryodhan is probably not invited to Bhanumati's syawamvar." I cried as I slowly joined the dots.
"Exactly! You are the most intelligent person ever. Learn something from Bhabhisree Karn! Always being extra dumb!" Duryodhan mocked as I laughed at his teasing.
"Ohh...that's the problem" Karn said.
"Bhabhisree...you know my problem now. What should I do? Bhanumati and I love each other. She said she will wait for me and if I do not come to take her she will give up her life" Duryodhan said.
"If that's what she said then I dont feel you have much of a choice Bhrata. You should go and save your love" I said.
"But how? Mahamahim will kill using he gets to know about our plan..." Karn was speaking when we heard a voice. It was a very familiar voice.
"Who's there?" Then suddenly a lamp light fell on our faces.
"Arjun!" Duryodhan exclaimed with shock.

Duryodhan's pov
I didn't know what to do anymore. What was Arjun doing here?! He would definitely complain to pitamah if he hot to know about our plan.
"What's going on here? And Panchali what are you doing here with Duryodhan?" Arjun asked.
That bastard! I had never disrespected bhabhisree and neither do I intend to! He always had to suspect me.
"Angraj is present here Rajkumar. You need not worry" Bhabhisree replied.
Burn! Arjun! Savage bhabhisree! Loved the show! I tried to supress my smile and Karn looked at me with an unbelievable expression.
"I...Panchali...forgive me now. What's the matter with you? You dont hate Subhadra. You have accepted her...why then are you doing this to me?" Arjun asked looking genuinely hurt.
"What did I do?! Arjun I was talking alongside Angraj when Bhrata Duryodhan joined us. Why are you making such a huge scene out of it?!" Bhabhisree said with visible frustration.
Exactly! This guy was impossible! And why did he have to drag the matter so much! We were discussing something important.
"Well what were you all discussing?" Arjun asked.
"Dont be ridiculous! What makes you think I will tell you?!" I exclaimed with anger and annoyance.
"Well then probably pitamah can help me know" Arjun said threatening me.
"What's wrong with you Arjun? Why do you want to know about Bhrata Duryodhan?" Bhabhisree asked.
That's why I liked the Panchal princess. She was not like other princesses blindly following her husband. She knew where to take a stand.
"Well when my wife is involved in this matter I suppose I will have to know it!" Atjun replied.
This man was pissing me off. I had no other way than to disclose my secret.
"Now go and tell pitamah how we are planning to abduct Kalinga princess" I said in a sarcastic manner.
"Oh no that's not the fun part. I can't believe you all were carrying out this plan without me. Dont you all know my victories? I have helped Madhav abduct Rukmini. I myself have abducted Subhadra!" Arjun said and immediately looked at me with guilt visible in his face.
"I remember that very well!" I said as Arjun bowed down his head with guilt.
"What's going on here?" A voice completely shakened us.
Arjun himself was completely taken aback as we saw Bhrata Yudhisthir in behind us.

Karn's pov
I couldn't believe our luck. First Arjun now Yudhisthir.  What's happening! Panchali held my hand all of a sudden scared to see Yudhisthir before us. I held hers and assured her it was all fine. She was so sweet and adorable. I couldnt help but notice her beauty even in such a difficult situation. I was getting extremely attached to Panchali. That shouldn't be the case. She would leave me and stay with Arjun and I have denied all rights over her. I couldnt even meet her after she returned back to Arjun.
"What's going on Arjun?" Yudhisthir asked surprised to see the odd combination of people together.
"Bhrata we all were discussing about Dushala's upcoming married life and recalling our moments spent with our sister" Arjun cried shocking all of us.
Why did he lie?! Duryodhan seemed extremely grateful as he looked at Arjun nodding . Arjun nodded back with a smirk. He had a plan. I knew that face. I knew that smile. Arjun wanted a deal.
"I will miss her so much. That girl is the only person keeping us all together" yudhisthir said smiling in a  melancholic manner.
Duryodhan smiled and nodded. For the first time I saw Duryodhan bonding with the pandavas for real. He was always surrounded by the kauravas and his darling uncle whose sole aim was to destroy the kuru dynasty. This was an excellent chance for Duryodhan to redeem himself. To bond with the pandavas and to not be a part of any more sins. I should help him in this. If I tried to bond Pandavas with Duryodhan I knew they would accept one another. Duryodhan was not irredeemable.  He could be forgiven for love resided in his heart.
As Yudhisthir left Duryodhan couldn't thank Arjun enough. He was extremely relieved that Arjun had not revealed his secret.
"Well I want something in return" Arjun said and the smile from Duryodhan's face perished.
"I want to be a part of your plan!" Arjun said shocking all of us.
Panchali smiled in a knowing manner. She knew Arjun well. I would say I was shocked. Arjun had really impressed me today. Duryodhan was completely flabbergasted.
"Don't you hate me for the varnavrat incident?" Duryodhan asked as the matter grew a little more serious.
"Pitamah told us how you were unaware of the matter. Moreover I want some adventure.Bhrata Yudhisthir will never have such an adventurous love story. So count me in. I'll be of much use to you all!" Arjuns said.
I couldnt help but respect Arjun that day. Slowly I began realizing why Panchali was so crazy about this man. There was something about him.

Arjun's pov
We knew it was Our dear uncle Shakuni's plan to murder us in the varnavrat. We hated Duryodhan for being so arrogant and glib but today I noticed positivity inside him.  For the first time I noticed love in his eyes. He genuinely loved Bhanumati. For the first time I saw a way to retrieve back the real Duryodhan who was innocent and had no hostility against us unless his mamashree poisoned his mind against us. If Bhamnumati could change Duryodhan I was ready to take the risk. He was my brother after all. I couldn't help but feel a little brotherhood towards him. Thus I joined the plan hoping to bring back peace in Hastinapur.