Chapter 17 - What happened to her

A/N: A little bit late, but hey I'm back again with a new chapter, I hope you like it :D It was a pretty chill week for me actually, except for the weekend. Thats why I hadn't the time to upload this chapter. I'm not sure if I have time to write the next few days, but I'll try to^^ Feel free to vote and comment if you liked it, see you next week :D

Danny's pov.

I looked for a while in my library but I couldn't find anything about other kinds of blood blossoms. These stupid flowers should be destroyed! They drain Ghosts from their powers when they are near and the pain that a Ghost feels around this flower is incredibly painful. I really hope we can help Wulf. But who would want to hurt him anyway? He is quite friendly or at least he tries to be nice to others.

"Do you need any help, your highness?" I hear a voice behind me and turn around to face one of the Butlers. I shake my head and answer:

"No, thank you. But I really would appreciate it if you could check the castle again, I want to make sure there are no rooms open they aren't allowed to enter."

"Of course, my king. I will check the castle now." He says smiling and I look a moment after him. Then I push the little button in my Ear and ask:

"Skulker, where are you and the group right now?"

"We just left Pandoras acropolis. We're on our way." I hear him answer.

"Good, thanks. Can you handle them? Is everything going as planned?"

"Yes, they are pretty calm. Except for this scientist, Maddie. She is still really mistrusting and doesn't say a word."

"Did you take the weapons?"

"Of course, the weapons are at Pandoras right now."

"Nice, thank you, Skulker. Frostbite? Are your people on their way?" I ask the next one and Frostbite answers:

"Yes, I just send them away."

"Perfect. Call me immediately if something goes wrong, please." I say and he answers:

"Of course, Great one." I smile a little and leave the library. I didn't found anything so I better follow Clockworks' advice and meet up with Skulker and the Class. They will likely arrive soon and I need to prepare a few things before I can let the others in my castle.

*

After a while, probably about an hour, I finished the last few things I needed to set up for the arrival of Lancers Class. Now I walk through the long hallway, my footsteps echo through the empty halls. Soon these rooms will be filled with many voices, loud noises, and many humans who look around and ask way too many questions. I just hope this ends as soon as possible, I really don't want them here in my kingdom.

It's kinda weird that I see all of them so suddenly. For a whole year, I never left the Ghost Zone, I didn't want to. Nothing holds me in the human world anymore, I wasn't in my human form since I moved here and became the King. The first days were rough, I always thought about my former "Home". My friends. I wondered how they may feel, were they sad? Disappointed? Worried?

Flashback, 1 year ago right after Danny moved to the Ghost Zone and became King

"Do you think they miss me?" Asked a 15-year-old, newly crowned king, his friend Ember. She gave him a weird look and chewed on her cookie.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they? I mean, if they were actually your friends, they probably miss you a lot. But don't worry, they will get over it and at least they made good memories with you, right?" She said and smiled, but Danny didn't smile back.

"Well... I'm not sure, to be honest."

"Why? Did you have an argument?" She asked and tried to make eye contact, but Danny avoided her stare.

"No..."

"Where's the problem then?"

"Uhm... you know, we didn't hang out as often as we used to, because of all the Ghost fights. They always asked me why I couldn't hang out with them, and I had to lie to them... Every. Single. Time. They probably knew that something was up, at least they stopped asking me at some point." Danny sighed and Ember gave him a pitying look.

"I'm very sorry for you... But.. Well, we can't do anything now. You need to go on, your life in the human world is history now, and you have friends here too. You don't need to lie to Frostbite, Pandora, Desiree, or me. You can trust us, right?" Ember smiled softly and Danny slowly nodded with a slight smile.

"You're right Ember. Thanks, I don't know what I would do without you." He says and Ember laughs a little.

"You got that right, Dipstick. Without me, you would probably lock yourself in your castle and do nothing. By the way, do you want to play some video games? I heard Doomed 2 was released a few days ago."

"Sounds great, let's go" Danny replied with a fake smile, he still wasn't sure what to think. He lied to his friends and family, and now they probably think he's dead. Technically that's halfway true, he is half dead. But he is also half alive, even though he never was in his human half since he became King. Danny is scared that he might want to live in the human world again, so he doesn't change his form. He also thinks that the Ghosts will only accept him as their King if he is in his Ghost form, but he doesn't know that the Ghosts like him for who he is, not for what he is. Danny followed Ember after a hesitant pause out of his room, he wanted to forget his thoughts. Ember just tried to help him feel better, she tried to be a good friend and he was really grateful for that.

Danny's pov.

I enter the big living room and sit down on the black leather Couch. As I open the newspaper -The Ghost Writer writes the newspaper in the Ghost Zone - the butler from before appears in the doorframe.

"Sir Phantom, your guests arrived."

"Thank you" I smile softly at the Ghost and put the newspaper back on the coffee table. Brandon, the Butler, died way too early, he was about 38 when he died. I felt bad for him when I heard about him and Pandora told me that he wanted to work as a butler again, but couldn't find a job in the Ghost Zone so I suggested he could work at my castle. He seemed so happy here and he made friends with the other servants. I actually know every one of them personally, I often hang out with them when they have a break.

Frostbite and the others often have to do their own stuff, normally I see Clockwork, Pandora, and Desiree about three times a week or less for Tea. And Ember didn't show up the last week. If she was on vacation or something she definitely would have told me. And I don't think she would go into the human world again to become a famous singer and rule the world, she is pretty popular in the Ghost Zone and she isn't interested in humans anymore. Somebody would have told me if she was in the human world... So what happened to her?

As I leave the living room and follow Brandon to the entrance hall of my castle, I hear many voices and excited screams. I think it's time, there's no going back now. With this thought in mind, I take a deep breath and rise above the heads of the school class so everyone can see me.

"Welcome to my castle!"