Chapter 1 - The baddest news come from the best people

A/N: Here it is, the first chapter of this story! It's way longer than the Prologue, and I'm kinda proud of me (yay, 1107 words :D)
Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. Feel free to vote and comment, I'm open to constructive criticism ^^

Danny's POV.

"Here's the Newspaper, Sir Phantom." Says the butler as he gives me the Newspaper.

"Thank you." I reply smiling and take it. Many things have changed since I'm King of the Ghost Zone. In a good way, of course. Walker still doesn't like me, but he respects me as a king and I could befriend other Ghosts. For example Ember. She's very friendly if you get to know her better. We often meet and she's not trying to rule the Human world or something anymore. Skulker has changed for the better too. He doesn't hunt other ghosts and I think by now he doesn't want my pelt on his wall anymore. Not many Ghosts attack Amity since I'm King. Even if the people there weren't nice to me, I don't want to get Sam and Tucker in danger.

As I flip the page of the Newspaper I hear a knock on the big wooden door. 

"Come in." I look up, waiting for the person to enter the room.

"Hey Danny, it's good to see you." Pandora says smiling as she walks over to me. I smile widely and hug her tight. She's like a mother to me and I'm grateful to have her by my side. Without her and Clockwork I wouldn't be able to rule the Ghost Zone.

"Hi, Pandora! How are you?" I ask and let go of her. She smiles softly and we sit down on the big couch.

"I'm good, but the News that I have isn't the best..." She sighs and my smile fades away.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned and look her right in the eyes. As she's about to answer me, Skulker runs into the room. The guards come in right after and want to drag Skulker out of the room, but I have other Plans.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Skulker who is still out of breath.

"My King... The humans... they are becoming more of a threat every day, we have to do something!" He says and I frown confused as Pandora joins the conversation.

"What? I thought we had more time..."

"I thought that too, but we can't wait any longer." Skulker replies and I feel like I'm invisible, what I'm currently not.

"What's going on? Do you know something that I don't?" I ask a little bit louder and Pandora and Skulker look at me.

"I'm sorry, Danny... We weren't allowed to tell you, but I think it's time." She begins, but I already interrupt her.

"Who forbid that? I am the King and I should know everything that happens here first!"

"It's hard to explain..." Skulker says in fear, my eyes are glowing green in rage.

"Try." I command roughly and Skulker nods slightly.

"Well... the Humans, Jack and Maddie, did not leave their lab for 3 Days and the ghosts that came back from the living world were more injured than normal. Their Weapons are getting stronger." He explains after a pause and I look at Pandora and Skulker. How could they NOT tell me this? And since when do they know that?

Flashback 1 Year ago

"I don't think I can do this..." Danny said unsure about what Clockwork just told him.

"You're ready. Trust me. I know what happens in the future, your going to be a great King." The elder assured him, his appearance changing from an old man to a middle-aged man.

"But... what if I become like Pariah Dark... or if I become HIM..." Danny flinched at the thought of his biggest and most feared Enemy.

"Daniel, you can't become him anymore. You defeated him. You are better than him, okay?" Clockwork changed from a young adult to a toddler.

"And they will accept me as their King? I mean... I'm not even a full Ghost. These Ghosts hate me, they wouldn't accept me as their king, would they?"

The thought of not being accepted made cold shivers crawling down his spine. He always felt that uncomfortable feeling when he was about to tell someone about him being a halfa, half-ghost half-human. Thoughts like 'What if they think I am a monster? What if they would hate me and tell everyone? What if  I lose them because of these powers?' rushed through his mind when he was about to tell his childhood best friends. He never told them.

Ember walked into the room with a bright smile on her face.

"Hey, Dipstick. Are you ready here? The chef wants your opinion on how the desserts taste."

Danny looked back at Clockwork who nodded smiling.

"Don't worry so much, Daniel. Believe in yourself, you don't have to do this alone." He said and Ember dragged Danny to the Kitchen. She probably wanted to try the desserts too.

Danny pov.

"How long?" That is the only thing I ask. They know what I mean.

"About a week or two..." Pandora says quietly with an apologetic look.

"Why didn't you tell me first? We could easily have made up a plan or at least have enough time to look at what they are doing. Who else knew about this before me?" I try to keep my anger down, but I'm very mad right now. They should have told me much earlier. The ghosts in the Ghost Zone are my subjects, I have to protect them but that's not so easy if I don't know that they are in danger!

"Look Danny... we're sorry. We thought we could handle it without you knowing... you are so stressed lately, don't you understand that we just wanted to help you?" Pandora says carefully and I answer:

"No, I don't. I am the one that has to protect others, you would have helped me more if you had told me this earlier. I'm good, okay? I'm not stressed. I can handle this, but please stop putting yourself in danger just to 'help me'." I beg her, the anger fading away to make room for the frustration. I hate it when people do this. I have to protect them, nobody else. I'm the King of the Ghost Zone, it's my duty to protect them and they shouldn't put themself in such danger just for me.

"Danny, you don't have to do this alone. We just wanted to help." Pandora tries again to calm me down but fails.

"But you didn't help. Who had the stupid idea to NOT tell me any of this?!" I ask, trying not to yell at them. Skulker already gave up and now just stands awkwardly next to Pandora, not knowing what to do.

"That was my idea, I suppose."