83

[Jungkook asks you to stop your car some meters away from the bar, near a footpath. You exchange a bunch of thank-yous before you say, "see you later, I guess," and he responds with a, "yep."

He steps out of your car and bows a little to politely bid farewell to you then turns around to walk towards the bar.

After covering a distance of what his phone would count as a single step, he stops when his phone blares out the famous marimba ringtone. He forces his body to move despite of the lack of neuromuscular coordination he experiences once he processes the name of the caller displayed on his phone.

One step, two steps... five steps

His brain counts the number of steps he takes while his phone continues to ring in his pocket. He glances at the store to his right through the periphery of his eyes to calculate his distance from your car, which was still parked where you had dropped him.

A voice, which almost echoed through the street, reaches his ears. "pick it up already!" It says before he could silence the call.

He sighs.

The tune finally stops as he receives the call and puts his phone next to his ears. He hears the voice again, "that smoothie was disgusting," it retorts.

Jungkook turns around and stares ahead, shifting his weight from his left foot to his right.

"So caffeine after alcohol is bad for health, huh?" you say as you lean your back against your car and smile at the person standing some meters away from you. You wonder if Justin Seagull's his real name.

There was a brief moment of silence as you two stood at two different coordinates with a lot of questions in your minds. Some of which were simultaneously answered as your brains connected the dots in your heads. Some did not make sense and needed a lot of explanation.

He inhales and exhales. Why does the timing never work out for him? He ponders.

Guess some things are inevitable.

"I-I can explain," he manages to utter when your gaze transforms into a glare.]