December Chapter 8pt1

Chapter Eight pt. 1

I woke up the next morning, and stretched. I was wide awake and in some weird way excited for what would come today. Yes, today I would learn to protect myself and avenge my mother. Once I learn to fight, I'm going to help Adam win this war and I’m going to kill every vampire that was a part of killing my mother. I don't care who gets in my way, I'll murder everyone of those evil beasts. Smirking, I pulled myself to my feet and skipped to the closet. After grabbing a pair of black shorts, and a tank top; I got dressed. I put my hair in a messy bun and headed out of the closet.

One soft knock resounded outside my door and I spoke “Come in!” The door cracked open and I smiled as Milly's one eye peered through that small opening. “Milly are you going to sit there, or come inside like I had told you?” Her eye sparkled as she opened the door and I saw a huge smile on her face. I smiled back, and tilted my head when she stiffened up. She glanced behind her and cleared her throat.

“Sir, Adam is awaiting your presence.” She bowed, and whispered out. “I shall take you there.” I frowned and hesitantly nodded. She began walking away, not waiting for me and I jogged after her. Maids were stopped at the doors, and stared as we walked by. Their eyes were dark, A silent warning to Milly as she walked by and they glared at me.

What did they do to her? I thought and frowned again as she stopped at a glass door. “Thank you”I smiled, and she nodded before speaking again and leaving me baffled.

“There is no need to thank me. I am here only to comply to your every wish. It is my job after all” she said in a dead tone, her eyes lifeless and she turned. She started to walk away and I didn't respond. Sighing, as she turned the corner I looked through the glass.

Beyond the door there was a gym- or what looked to be one. There was giant blue padding in the middle of the floor, with a punching bag and surrounding was gym equipment. Adam stood in the middle, throwing graceful punches at the punching bag. He turned, spinning and did a round house kick; making his hair fall messily around his face. Not that he looked bad, because obviously that would be a lie- He looked like a god. I pulled open the door, and Adam stopped; mid punch before disappearing from my sight. Confused, I looked around until I was yanked into the room and shoved into the wall.

I gasped in fright, as my eyes met Adams and he smirked. “Welcome to your First day of training” His breath lingered on my neck. “Lets get to work.” He grazed my neck and I stiffened as he continued to speak. “What, do you do when a vampire pins you like this?” he Squeezed my wrists and I squeaked. Trembling, I squirmed and he shook his head. “Answer my question.”

“Scream?” I breathed, my heart pounding in my ears and Adam shook his head again. He let me go, and backed up. I stared at him curiously as he grabbed my wrists again, softer and began to speak.

“Use your thumb, to twist my wrist” he commanded, and I hesitantly turned his wrist. “Now bring your leg up and shove me away, while twisting” I did exactly that, and his legs gave in as he stumbled backwards. “Good” he stood up and dashed towards me. I acted quickly, as he grabbed my wrist and shoved him away. He backed up, smirking and disappeared. “Good, But you have to be quicker” A soft whisper passed my ear and a chill ran down my spine.

I turned my head, looking back and forth. Where was he? I stumbled, as soft air blew through my hair. What am I supposed to do?! I voiced my words, bringing the sound up my throat and spoke through the wind bursting through my ears.

“What am I supposed to do if I can't see you?!” I called to the air, and another gust of wind passed me. A laugh ran through the room and I was shoved to the ground. The breath flew out of my lungs and I cried out breathlessly. I was pulled up quickly, and shoved against the wall again. Before I could even try to move he whispered. “Sight. Smell. Feel”

The pressure disappeared from my body, and another gust of wind passed, and I followed it. “Good! Use your senses!” the gust passed again and I turned “Feel” he whispered, and I breathed in. His smell radiated, and I took a step forward. “Smell” I could hear the approval in his voice.

Taking another step, I gasped as I was shoved to the ground. “Not fast enough. Use your senses!” I looked up, breathing heavily and already feeling the sweat pour off my body. “You can't let your guard down Amanda” he called, “Use your senses, but don't let your guard down!”

Pulling myself to my feet, I licked my lips and took in a breath. I opened my eyes after blinking and felt a breeze pass. Color flooded by my eyes, and I smirked before jumping straight towards it. I hit the ground softly, and heard an oomph, before I smiled in victory. “Don't smile yet” I was flipped before the words registered, and he pinned me down on the floor.

His body pressed against mine, and I gasped for air. My chest rose and fell, hitting his chest as he breathed shallowly. My throat went dry, and I wet my lips, as I stared into his eyes. “Not bad...” he murmured, bringing his head to the crook of my neck and breathing in. I shivered, and my heart thudded in my throat. “Now what?” he kissed my neck, as he spoke and I bit my lip.

“I kill you with the stake in my pocket.” I shoved my hand upward to his chest and laughed as he jumped. “Metaphorically of course” he rolled his eyes as he pulled away from my neck.

“Very funny” he pulled his body off of me, and put his hand out for me to grab. Heat flooded through my body, when his body disappeared and I grabbed his hand. “Though you do have a good point...” he said thoughtfully and I smiled confused. “We shall end training for today. Come back tomorrow morning the same time. Good job” He walked away silently, and I stared confused. What was that all about? I have a good point about what? Killing him?

Shaking my head, I headed out of the room; disgusted by the sweat that coated my body. Milly bowed as I passed, and I sighed. “Who did it.” I stated, turning to stare at her. My gaze didn't waver as she flinched, and kept her head down. “If you are to comply to my wishes, you must answer.” I drawled, in a bored tone and she bit her lip, glancing up at me.

“Did what Milady?” I stared her down, watching as she slowly gave in and spoke out. “ The man, Leon. The one who yelled at me, when I spoke to you yesterday.” Tears filled her tiny eyes. “He told me not to tell you- or speak to you....” She covered her mouth, obviously realizing what she just said.

“tell me what?” I asked in a monotone voice and crossed my arm. “I command you to tell me!!” Her eyes widened, as she realized she couldn't deny me and she let out one breath before speaking.

“The truth...about me.” she switched her weight from one foot to the other, and continued. “I am a Damphire” She bit her lip and watched my expression before continuing. “My mother was human, While my father was a vampire. My father and mother were killed for having a child, for having me. It is illegal in the vampiric world to have a child with a human. But Adam, He didn't care what I was or who. He took me in, even though it could result in his death.”

I stood there, completely baffled and cleared my throat. “So your like...half human- half vampire?” She nodded and I tilted my head before asking another question. “So does that mean you age? She again, nodded and I breathed out. “Wow, so how old are you?”

“Twenty three.”