~Chapter Fifty-Seven~

Almost to 10k reads! Can we make it there? 👀
Third
Y/n stood tall in front of this castle before reaching nervously to knock, "not many travel this up the mountain to knock so calmly." A voice began, which guided him to turn left. Sitting in a large carriage full of trinkets was a very large man, whom Y/n couldn't help yet to know him. The familiarity was eating away at the inside of his brain.

"I don't know how I got here..." the smaller male mumbled back, looking anxiously around himself.

The man smiles warmly and leans forward, "oh! But you do!" Y/n was confused and slack-jawed. He knew how he got here? What time was it? Why was the castle not halfway destroyed?

Then it hit him, it's not where he went to... but when. His e/c hues scanned the snowy woods around himself as he held Talia closer to his chest. The doors opened and out came a tall, white dressed woman. Her large black hat adorned the top of her medium length, slightly curled dark hair. He stared in awe at her height before clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry to barge without your approval ma'am, but..." as soon as her glowing yellow eyes caught sight of small little Talia she ushered him inside and over to the fire. Three younger, more smaller women appear from what looked like flies as they danced around him.

They hummed before the large woman snapped her fingers and told the girls to gather warm blankets. Y/n wished to protest, but the woman would have none of it. "Hush little one, you've been out there for two hours now... I'll keep you safe dear. Come with me." She begins leading the way up the large staircase, adorned with red carpet and dark brown stained rails.

"Where am I anyway? I think I've gotten lost..." Y/n fakes innocence, just wanting to be certain.

"You've stumbled upon my home, Castle Demitrescu. I saw your dear daughter and wished for her safety, and you shall be safe in my home." Her heels tapped against the tile every so often as she walked, hips swaying slightly as they approached a seat of spare rooms within the castle walls.

"You have a wonderful home My Lady..." he complimented, only to be sent a coy glance.

"Please dear, call me Mother." With those words said she cupped his face in her hands and looked deep into his irises and spoke again. "Mother will keep you safe for eternity, you deserve no worse. I'll protect you from everything." These words were oddly comforting to him and his heart pounded in his ears at a familiar sensation.

He felt at home while she stood beside him, safe and sound. Like a small child needing to be protected. She ushered him into the room and closed the door quietly to give him time to properly adjust. It was as if his brain lost memories, as if he'd truly gone back in time. There was, oddly enough, a crib in the corner of the room in which he placed the sleeping baby.

He covered her up and smiled down at her, "don't you worry, Daddy's not gonna let any of those scary monsters get you." She smiled in her sleep, which only melted his heart further.

He could hear the four women talking from outside of his room, but he paid them no mind. He heard a few phrases that stood out, but didn't care much. "He's one of us!" He could hear their mother, his new mother talk calmly. She was telling them about how he would be like them soon and how he wasn't food for them to eat.

He ignored them talk, instead focusing on fixing the little room up to properly house him. He thought back to Leon suddenly, causing him to break free of his little trance briefly. "Oh Leon... why did you have to act like that?" His voice was quiet and held every hint of sadness inside of it.

Suddenly the door opens up and he turns to face it, hands on the blanket. It was a woman, a young girl only half his height. She coyly walked towards him, handmade measuring tape held firmly in her little hands. "L-Lady Demitrescu has o-ordered me to t-take your measurements for clothes s-sir..." he smiled calmly at her shyness, moving himself to lift his arms slightly.

"Go right ahead, my name is Y/n... what's yours?" She lifted her head to meet his eyes, her nervous emerald green eyes and freckled nose stared back at him.

"Annabeth... my Pa always called me Anna..."

"Called? Did he...?" He frowns when she hangs her head and nods. "I'm so sorry that happened to you..."

"I-It's alright, I've got a paying job!" She took the measurement across his upper torso and then his abdomen. She measured his biceps and the length of his body. Finally she stopped and stepped away, nodding to herself. "Thank you sir!" And fled the room. This left him alone to his thoughts again.

He adjusted the blankets and sat on the edge of the bed, bringing his hands into his lap. A knock sounded upon the wood of the door and he turns to face the knocker as they entered. Standing calmly there was a middle aged man, who stared him down for a long moment.

Eyes locked together in a calm silence before it grew tense suddenly. His black shades hid his eyes and the emotion behind them as he adjusted his hat. "Who are you? What're you doing in the big bitch's castle?"

"What are you doing in here, you old mangy dog?!" Y/n snickered at hearing Alcina's reply. He bit his bottom lip and averted his eyes when the man glared at him.

"Who is this man?"

"Who is you?" Y/n muttered to himself quietly, giggling immediately afterwards.

"What's so funny?!" He snaps and causes the male to flinch. That's when he stood up and walked over to him, towering him by a good few inches. The male had to lift his head up to stare into the dominating e/c of Y/n's eyes. "Why is everybody so tall?!"

"Why are you so short?" Y/n replied, then held out his hand to be shaken. "My name is Y/n L/n, I got here a little while ago. You are...?"

"Heisenberg..." he replied, taking his hand and shaking it. A small whimper from behind the tall h/c haired male could be heard, dragging the men's attention away from each other. Y/n let go of the filthy man, rubbed the dirt and muck from his hand as he lifted her to his chest again.

"Oh! She must be hungry!" Alcina cooed, calling for another maiden inside the castle. The other man entered the room, peering around the male to see the small bundle of blanket.

Meanwhile Leon, Chris, and Rebecca all day around the evidence room. Chris slammed his fist against the table, shaking it and the files on top. "Damnit! This doesn't help at all!"

"All it's saying is that what we remember wasn't real! Chris this could be a lead! We have to follow it!"

"I have to get my fiancé back!" Leon snaps, informing the two that he was indeed still focused and listening. "Please... I can't lose him again..."