;Chapter Thirty;

Leon
I noticed right away that Y/n was still sound asleep on my chest, calmly curling into my body. I ran my hand through his slightly messy (h/l) (h/c) locks, leaning down to kiss his head. He smiles against me, moving closer to my body as he takes half of it under himself. At least he's on the right side, not the injured one.

The feeling of being under him was awkward, though I didn't mind in the slightest. I wrapped my arms carefully around him, holding him as close as I could. He lets out a tired whine, not liking the feeling of being closed in. I loosened my grip, but continued to hold him. To no avail, he looks up at me tiredly.

"Hey..." he mumbled softly, watching me for a moment before smiling a little. He rubbed at his eyes, trying to be rid of the sleepiness clouding his judgement.

"Hey you~" I kissed his forehead, cupping his face in my hands afterwards. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, a little sleepy still..." I gently run my thumbs under his eyes as a knock sounds on the door. His eyes turn, but his head remains in the position it was in. I look over at the door as Hunnigan slowly walks inside.

"Hello, I don't mean to disturb you..." she looks over at Y/n. She pauses by the bed as he stared back at her with eyes filled up with suspicion. "Y/n, we need to talk about a member of your squad."

"I've already stated that I don't want to talk about what happened." He grumbles, annoyed by her bringing it up once again.

Hunnigan looks at me for help, wanting me to ask him what he knew and was keeping from us. I shook my head back at her, having not wanted to get on his bad side. I loved Y/n, and I wasn't about to risk tearing us apart. She sighs, her shoulders slacking slightly. "Look, I don't know what happened there... but Y/n."

He looks at her, locking his (e/c) eyes with hers as she waited a moment. "She got shot, what else is there?"

"Yes, through the chest. Y/n, who shot her? Was it Ada?" His eyes narrowed as he sat up, almost like an overprotective boyfriend.

"What are you assuming?" He snaps at her, though I can't do much without information. "Ada didn't do shit."

"Then that leaves you and Agent Clancy. One of you shot and killed her, why?" She crosses her arms over her chest, but I shake my head and forcibly sit up. I wrap my arms around Y/n, watching the brunette.

"He wouldn't do that, he's not that kind of person." I defend. Could that agent have killed her? Or maybe Ada did...

"Maybe I did." Y/n snaps, his tone dripping with venom. "But you don't have proof either way. And I didn't do it. What's it to you anyway?" I saw the snarl in his eyes, the hate building up through a mask he wore.

A metaphorical mask that blocked even my interpretation out. I wanted under the cover, wanted to know how he was feeling. I wanted to comfort him in any way that I could. "None of you are in trouble yet, look. I'm asking so we can understand the motive."

Her pleading eyes must have broken something in him, as his gaze drifted away from her. I couldn't see his face, though desperately I wanted to. How badly I wanted to hold his face and kiss his gently. I wanted to make him smile. Forget everything that's going on around us, even for a little while. "Andrew... she..." he bit his lip.

"What happened?" Hunnigan pressed softly, not to trying to force it out of him. She must have noticed the change in his mood, which caused her to change her approach. "You don't have to tell me now, but it would be better than being interrogated for hours."

"Andrew shot her." He confessed, leaving us in a deafened silence.

"What...?" My voice broke the silence that had surrounded us.

Y/n
I shook my head, looking weakly over at Leon. Taking off the hidden mask, I revealed the emotions on my face. The pain, regret. The grief. Everything. His eyes softened, his hands moving to cup my face. "Ann assumed that Ada was flirting with me. It's like she went insane, then assumed I was sleeping with Ada in secret. Which couldn't have happened for obvious reasons..." I mumble, leaning into his warm, rough palms.

"Baby..." Leon's soft tone echoes in the room, making my worries melt away as if they were never there in the beginning.

"Andrew shot her because she was making empty threats, he'd panicked... it happened so quickly that I don't think he even meant to do it..." I sent a glance to Hunnigan before hiding my face from both of them.

I felt slight resistance from Leon, though he didn't stop me from looking away from him. "So, hold on. I don't understand..." Leon shook his head. "What happened when I was gone? Start from the beginning."

"I don't want to remember it." I countered, shaking my head.

"Y/n." He spoke with a warning tone.

"I don't want to."

"We need to k-"

I smacked his good shoulder roughly, moving off of the bed and onto the chair away from it. I crossed my arms over my chest and curled into the seat, no longer interested in the warmth Leon's body provided. "I said, 'I don't want to.'" I snapped at him, though I hadn't meant for it to be so aggressive.

It grew silent in the room with a thick tension filling the atmosphere. I heard the bed creak, signaling that Leon was moving. "Y/n... come back..." I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye as he reached for me. Hunnigan shook her head, turning and leaving the room. He heels clicked as she closed the door behind her.

"No. Leave me alone." I turned away fully, still butt-hurt over it. I thought back to our age gape, wondering if since he was older he'd be more calm and reserved than I would be. I tossed the thoughts to the curb, not letting myself think of it.

"Hey... come here, please..." his voice was quiet, still trying to get me to come back.

"I said to leave me alone!" I growl at him, sending him a slight glare. The hurt look that covered his face broke any resolve that I had. My bottom lip quivered and I looked away, trying not to move from my spot. "J-just leave me alone..."

"Come here, you don't have to remember what happened. Just let me comfort you..." I stand, though reluctantly and walk over to the bed. I climb in and carefully lay beside him, feeling him hold me gently. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have pressed for answers like I did. I should have respected that you didn't want to remember yet..

"It's okay... I'll forgive you after a little while... I..." I shift to look into those intoxicating blue eyes. "I love you Leon..."

"I love you too~"