(Chapter Fifteen)

Second
You watched Leon's face, seeing it change repeatedly. You couldn't help, but to bite your bottom lip and hate yourself for saying it. Maybe you assumed that he liked you, when he didn't. Maybe he liked someone else and was trying to bring himself to tell this person. Endless thoughts swarmed your brain, but shattered into nothing when he spoke.

His voice was slow, smooth as the words escaped from his throat. "You like me?" His eyes searched yours for a moment, quietly thinking.

Leon
Y/n likes me? Is this... could this be true? "Actually?" He looked away, trying to piece together a sentence of some sort.

"I... I think so... that's what this feeling is, right?" He looked over at my shyly. "The feeling of butterflies and wanting to be next to the other? This is what love is... right?" I smiled at his innocence, nodding to show he was right about what he was feeling. He returns the smile and moves his hand to hold my face. "I like it when you smile, you look pure and cute~ adorable even~" he blew a kiss my way and for a moment I thought my heart stopped.

Nearly falling out of my seat, I chuckle dryly. "Adorable? Me? The rough, cold-hearted agent?"

"Hardly cold, Leon..." he blinks for a moment. "You're actually quite sweet, in fact I like that about you. I hope you keep that trait." He fiddles with his hands, looking down and into his lap. "Now that's out in the open, eh? So, food?" He looks back up and into my eyes, staring calmly into mine. I felt pinned in his gaze, those intoxicating (e/c) orbs trapping mine.

"Of course, what are you-" I was cut off by my phone dinging. I groaned and glared at the clear device for a moment, but went quiet when I saw the name. "Ada..."

"Who's Ada?" I hear Y/n ask, curiously peeking his head over my shoulder to look at her name. "Are they nice?"

"It's... well she's not too bad. She's helped me more times than I could ever begin to count. I've saved her plenty myself. She's... a part of me I can't let go." I spoke, replying to her text.

"How straight of you, Mr. Kennedy." He spoke calmly, making me confused. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed him frown and look away from me. "And here I was, thinking you liked men~" he spoke in a teasing manner. Did he not realize how I felt for him? Was my stuttering and blushing not enough?

"I don't-"

"Are you gonna answer her? She seems like the impatient type." Y/n spoke as he turned his gaze to the countertop. His eyes stared at the wooden space that provided him an uneasy distraction. I frowned, reaching over to catch his attention.

"Y/n I-" my phone dinged and I sighed, sending her an answer to the text she's sent me. I set the device down and turned my body to face his. "I don't like Ada, she and I are friends. I thought I liked her for a while, but it's just a strong sense of-"

"Admiration? I doubt that, good sir. Not with the way your eyes sparkled." He pointed out and I felt my heart sink. What could I say to bring his spirits up? I was probably his first crush and he already seemed upset.

"It is and only is admiration. Y/n I have feelings for you..." I bit my tongue after this, silently spewing curses at myself. I must've sounded so desperate for his attention now.

"Is that so?" He rests his right cheek on his balled up fist as his elbow lay casually on the table. He looked over his left hand as my heart sank deeper into the pit.

"Yes, I do!" I spoke up, my tone higher pitched. "Y/n I like you, a lot! At first I thought I admired you, thought of you as this brave guy... I... back in the mansion... remember what you said about me?"

"When I said you were a closeted queer?" He shifts his eyes to me, but remains in the position.

"Yes, that. Well to be utterly honest, you're right." His eyes grow wider at this, turning his head only to stare at me.

"You're... you..." he stops talking and goes silent.

"I'll prove it-" my phone dinged, but I ignored it. "I'll prove it to you, if you'll give me that chance!" I reached over to take his right hand into both of mine. I lightly pressed my lips against the skin of his fingers, earning a soft squeal from the other male. I chuckled, watching him looking at the hand I kissed.

"And... and you mean it?" He hesitated, but nodded to me. "I'll give you that chance, Leon... I hope you don't..." he suddenly goes quiet. "Aren't I not supposed to be in love with you?" He removes his hand from mine, crossing both over his chest.

"What?"

"That was the condition to get me out of the hospital a year ago, don't think I've easily forgotten. What was that rule for? Was it set by you?" He sends me a cold stare and I avert my gaze.

"I... I will confess now that I made that condition on my own. I did that so... so that you wouldn't... that I couldn't... I don't want that in place anymore, Y/n...." I looked helplessly into his eyes as he watched me squirm under his intense stare.

Y/n
I stared Leon down, remembering the serious tone in his voice from that day. "You said-" I'm cut off, seeing him growing visibly annoyed with my reactions. He grabs the phone and leaves me alone in the kitchen, I go quiet. "Leon..." I quietly say his name as I close my eyes. "Oh fuck... I'm sorry..." I hide my face within the palms of my hands before sighing softly.

I move my arms to rest on the table and hide my face within them. Small, light breaths left my (l/c) lips as they parted ever so slightly. A moment later and I hear Leon return to the kitchen, pausing as he sees me. "Y/n? What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." my voice is softer than usual, my eyes tired and wishing nothing more than to close for the while of eternity.

"Bullshit." Came his short response as he sat back in his previous seat. "Talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about, Leon..." I shift, to let my eyes be revealed and slightly blinded by the light.

"Please talk to me..." he moves to sit in the same position I am, only with his head resting on the right side. His eyes dance through mine, watching me with a soft, warm and inviting smile. "Please?" His gaze softens over mine more, showing that he wanted nothing more than for me to open up to him.

I avert my gaze instead, hearing him take in a heavy breath. I purse my lips momentarily, "I thought I made you mad, I didn't mean to make you mad..." I hide my eyes again as he was left to watch my form.

"Nah, you could never chase me away~" he scoots his chair closer to me and presses a gentle kiss to the side of my head. "You're stuck with me~ and besides~" I raise my head off of my arms to look at him. "All I was doing was ordering you and I food~"