Chapter 7 - Camping

I waved the boys goodbye as they went back to their place to pack. I go back into my room and grab my backpack that I had used for school. I make sure it's empty by tipping it upside down before with start filling it up. I didn't pack much, just extra clothes, pyjamas and a towel. I put in my aquamarine coloured bubble bathers on and a white shirt dress that hung loosely in my frame. I didn't bother with shoes and swung my backpack over my shoulder and walked into the kitchen. I got an eski and a wicker basket and started filling them up with finger foods. In the eski I put in water, soft drinks and some ice to keep it all cold. I thanked my past self for having a craving for marshmallows and packed them into the basket. I felt excited for this beach camp out. It's the first one I've had since I didn't have many friends. I think that's best thing about this job; I've become friends with the most down to earth amazing people. I hadn't known them for long but I could safely say that we got along and hopefully I would become closer to One Direction. And maybe even be more than friends with Justin Bieber. I can't believe I'm actually saying that either. Three days ago, we hadn't even met and today I have a crush on him. Which might be mutual, I hope. Once I've got everything sorted out, blankets and pillows stacked up in the couch ready to be taken down to the beach, I collapse on the couch. I flick on the tv and search through the channels until I find my favourite show; Supernatural. I watched almost two episodes, reruns, before JARVIS told me that one Direction were here. I yelled for then to come in and my eyes almost bugged out as they stumble in with their things. First came Harry with just a backpack but it was around his front because Louis was perched on his bag with a look of pure content while Harry was trying to walk straight. Zayn came in behind them with what looked like Louis and his things on his back making him lean over hunched back. He had a sleeping bag in each arm and looked to be having trouble keeping them in his arms. Next was Liam looking poised as usual except for the huge grin on his face as he watched the other boys struggled. Last was Niall, lovingly holding his precious guitar and two bags of marshmallows and a backpack in his back half open. I'm wouldn't be surprised if there was a trail if his belongings behind him.

'So heavy!' Harry grunts and Louis topples onto the couch next to me and I jump out the before he lands on me but his hand clips my head and I groan.

'Sorry.' Louis pouts and rubs my head.

'It's fine.' I say and smack his hand away. 'So, do you think you brought enough stuff?' I ask eyeing all if their bags.

'Hey, look at what you've got!' Zayn exclaims waving his hands around at the pile of blankets.

'That's for all of us.' I poke my tongue out at him and cross my arms.

'I think you're supposed to be the mature one, seeing as you are looking after us as a job.' Niall laughs his enormous booming laugh that everyone loves.

'It's actually assistant/organiser/do-whatever-Paul-tells-me-to-do.'

'Ah, complicated!' Louis exclaims.

I roll my eyes at him.

'So, do you guys wanna take the stuff down now?' I ask. 'That way we can go for a swim before it gets too dark.'

They all nod so we grab our things and make our way down the building. I could tell everyone was staring at us. Who wouldn't though? We were all dressed in our bathers lugging along luggage and singing loudly. Right now we were singing Call Me Maybe. We finally make I down to the private beach. It was absolutely as always with its crystal white soft sand and tropical trees making sheltered areas. We put out things underneath the trees. I started laughing when I saw Zayn pull on bright orange floaties. He glared at me and ripped off his shirt, abruptly stopping my guffawing.

'Holy shit you are fit!' I slap my hand over my mouth. I can't believe I said that out loud. I blush furiously. 'That was not meant to come out.' I giggle nervously and look away from the laughing boys.

'Hey, Arielle! Lookie here!' Louis yells so I turn around and all of the boys take of the shirts and start doing the sexy and I know it dance. I cover my eyes and blush even more.

'Leave me alone!' I whine jokingly. I look up at them and can't help my eyes sweeping over their perfectly toned chests.

'See something you like?' Louis asks posing like a model with his hand in the back of his head and the other on his waist. His right leg was stuck out to the side slightly bent and his head thrown back. I laugh and nod.

'Ahhh!' Niall yells and we all watch as jumps into the water with a splash.

The other boys follow him all yelling and splashing around. I took off my shirt and walk tentatively to the water. I wonder if its cold? It looked nice enough. All of a sudden the water came rushing at me and arms were dragging me down. I screamed out in surprise but it got pushed down by the salty water. Soon I was picked up and the sun was bright in my eyes. I lay there spluttering and finally found that I was being held securely by someone. I wipe the salty water from my eyes and tried to blink it out. I see curly brown hair and dimpled smile.

'What did you do that for.' I groan pushing lightly against Harry's chest trying not to run my hands down the hard planes. I wasn't attracted to him, but I couldn't say that he wasn't attractive.

'I saw the chance and took it.' Harry grins showing me his pearly white teeth and his green eyes sparkled.

'Thanks.' I say sarcastic and scramble out of his arms but ended up under water again.

I push my legs down and use my arms to pull myself up. I shake the water out of my face and finally open my blue eyes to glare at Harry. He was hunched over, one hand resting on his knee and the other hitting his leg. His body shook from his laughter and loud chuckles came out of his mouth. I tried not to smile at him and went for my serious stance. I glare at his curly hair. I cross my arms and square my shoulders. My stance is straight and rigid but I'm fighting a grin. Harry slowly looks up wiping tears from his face with a softer chuckle.

'Oh, that was too funny.' He shakes his head and finally looks at me.

'It wasn't funny,' I say in as stern a voice I can manage. 'At all.' I growl.

His face becomes serious and his brows crinkle together and he starts to back away. An idea pops into my mind and I quickly leap over the distance between me and Harry. I stretch my arms forward and the horrified look on his face makes a huge smile creep onto my face. My arms reach around Harry's shoulders and my body slams into his bringing us both into the water. A war cry erupts from my mouth while a gurgled scream comes from Harry. I close my mouth and eyes before we hit the water. I immediately regret my idea as I feel Harry's fingers clutch my back in a struggle to get out of the water. Once we finally get out, both panting for breath we call a truce. The other boys were still in the water, playing amongst themselves with no idea what had just occurred between Harry and I. I start over to them when I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around to face Harry who was smirking.

'Hmm?' I say warily scared he might ignore the truce and dunk me in again.

'You might want to fix your bikini. Your left boob is showing.' I look down horrified to see that the left side of the bikini had slid across exposing most of my left breast. I blush as I quickly try to fix it, feeling Harry's stare through the whole ordeal.

'Better?' I ask holding my arms out.

He looks at my bikini and nods. We walk back to the boys and join with their conversation.

The sun was starting to see and the water was getting chilly so we were all walking up the beach now rubbing our goosebumps from the cool wind. Liam, Louis, Harry and Niall went it go collect wood for the fire and Zayn stayed behind to help me set up makeshift beds. We decided to set it up as just one long bed. We got down if the blankets and laid then all out so they were life enough to fit all six of us. Then we got some more blankets and doonas that went over the top to cover us. We had already made a circle of rocks and dug a large hole for the fire. The other boys came back and we started up the fire. We each got a drink and found a stick for our marshmallows. It may have seemed like we were too old for it, but no one said anything about it. It was fine like that. I felt strangely comfortable with the boys as we talked about things that happened to us or our dreams. It felt like I had known these guys for years when we swayed softly singing our favourite songs with the guitar. I felt at home when I sat next to Harry with my arm wrapped around his waist and his arm laying across my arms. I was leaning against his shoulder and couldn't wipe the smile in my face as I watched the other boys laugh and tall loudly. This was the best day of my life.