Chapter 1 - Interview

First impressions. They were always the most important. I brushed a hand through my straight brown hair for the hundredth time. I took in a few deep breaths and pushed my shoulders back. First impressions. They had to be good. I wiped my sweaty palms on my floral print skirt. I was so nervous. Why? You may ask. I'm going in for a job interview that my dad set up by pulling a few strings. I, Arielle, plain 16 year old graduate, was possibly scoring a job in the music industry as an assistant/organiser. Not just an assistant/organiser, no, possibly assistant/organiser to the biggest boy band of them all. Drum roll please....yes. It's One Direction ladies and gentlemen. See why I'm so nervous? And, I heard from my dad that there was a possibility that they would be here at the meeting. I wasn't a fan girl, I just... Okay I pretty much was. It wasn't like I was going to pass out or anything, I hope, I'm just nervous because this is my first real job, not including working at the small schools and other small odd jobs.

'Miss Stark?' The lady at the desk calls.

I stand up and wipe my hands one more time before running them through my already neat hair.

'Thats me.' I say to the lady and give her a nervous smile before heading into the door that she's gesturing to. The sound of Voices and shuffling of paper come through the door. i knock tentatively on the door and wait before realising they probably wouldn't have heard my measly knock. I knock louder this time. I take in a deep breath as a deep voice tells me to come in. I place my right hand on the cool metal door handle and push it down. I push open the door and am met with a whole room of people, there must have been at least 15 people! They sat at a long conference table all staring at me come through the door. Oh wow, this is some scary shit. Excuse my French.

'Arielle Stark?' A man asked me standing up from his seat and holding out his hand.

I reach forward and shake it. 'Yes, that's me.' I let go of his hand and he gestures to a chair at the head of the table.

'Im Paul Higgins, manager.' He says introducing himself and sitting down. 'Please, seat. Don't be intimidated by all these people. You're very likely to get the job and everyone just wanted to get a feel of what kind of person you are.' Paul Higgins offers me a smile which I return happily.

I almost stopped breathing as the next person spoke. 'So, tell us a bit about yourself.' Louis Tomlinson said from the right, where he sat with the other members of the band. He had his signature messy brown hair that swept over his forehead then up and his beautiful blue eyes that seemed to sparkle mischievously all the time. They are just normal people. This is a job interview. Don't flip your shit.

'Well, I live with my dad in Stark tower-' I start.

'Wait, your dad is the Tony Stark? As in Ironman?' Liam looks at me with awe in his gorgeous brown eyes.

I blush slightly, usually I didn't advertise this but I had thought they already knew.

'Yeah, I live with ironman.' I reply with a big smile, I have to admit, I'm a little proud of that fact.

'Thats so cool.' Zayn murmurs getting a stupid grin from me which I quickly wipe off and blush again. Not good, I tell myself. Not good. I had probably freaked them out with my murderous looking smile.

'I graduated school last year and have been wanting a full time job. I've always helped my dad and Pepper with organisation and such, so I know what's involved and how to work everything out. I also help my dad in his work area, so I know a lot of hands on stuff too.' I finish, I cross my fingers hoping I said the right things.

'Wait, how old are you?' Harry Styles asks me. He swished his beautiful brown curls. I tear my eyes away from his mesmerising hair and answer his question.

'I turned 16 in October.'

'How did you graduate so young?'

'Skipped a couple of grades.' I give a little shrug. It wasn't too difficult for me, remembering things, figuring out equations, those things came naturally to me.

'You really are Mr Stark's daughter.' A man said, laughter in his voice.

'Thanks, I think.' I reply with a small smile on my lips. My lips...should I have worn lipstick? Or make up? Maybe it would have made me look more mature and then they would more likely to hire me. But if they didn't like make up, then they wouldn't mind me not wearing make up, right! Or maybe they won't want to hang around; an average looking person.

'What did you hope to get out of this position?' Paul asks me, getting back to the point of this meeting.

The meeting went on for another 20 minutes, more questions, a few jokes from me and I have to say, it was good. I closed the door behind me as I left the room. I heard voices behind me but I couldn't figure out the words. I smiled to myself. I think that was a good first impression. And One Direction are sooooo much hotter in real life. I prayed that I would get this job. I really wanted to continue to fund myself, I felt bad leeching off my dad even though I know how much he earns, I'd much rather be independent and seen as an adult rather than a child.

'Good interview?' The lady at the desk asked peering at me through her rectangular shapes glasses.

'I think so, I hope I get the job.' I reply to the lady. She seemed really nice. I hold up my fingers and cross them. 'Fingers crossed that I will be back here and employed.' I laughed with the last sentence and said good bye to her.