Chapter 6 - My not so lazy sunday

Sunday mornings could only be described as my lazy day. I had literally nothing planned and I loved it. It was now, I checked the time on my phone on the bed side table, 8 o clock in the morning. Sleeping in has always been a problem for me. When I turned 13 I had this image that I would be sleeping in until 12 in the afternoon everyday like every other teenager in the world. But no, I had to be different and wake up super early every morning. No matter how late I went to bed, 7 or 8 o clock hit and BOOM I'm awake. I roll over in my bed and groan into the pillows. I feel like walking today. But I didn't want to get uo just yet. Decisions, decisions. My stomach growls loudly. 'Shut up, you.' I grumble to my stomach and get up. I straighten out the Captain America tank top I'm wearing. Once I had found out my Grandfather had 'created' him I became a huge fan. Dad wasn't too happy with captain america shirts and vintage trading cards. but he could deal with it. It wasn't like captain america was going to come back to life ti steal dads spotlight. As I get to my bedroom door, I grab a spare hair lackey I had left on the door handle and use it to tie my brown hair up into a messy bun, the short tendrils covering my eyes. I make my way to the kitchen where it was really bright and clean as always. I remember the lack of good food in the kitchen and make up my mind to use my walking mood to buy some groceries.

'JARVIS?' I call out hoping I'm not too loud.

'Miss. Stark?' His voice says and a smile lights up on my face.

'Can you please tell dad or Pepper that I've gone out if they wake up before I get back?' I ask fiddling with my shirt and looking out the window to the view of the ocean.

'Of course.' I nod happy with the answer and go back to my room to get changed. I decided for a casual and comfy look, but I had to make sure I looked presentable. I had once worn ragged sweats and shirt out and the press thought my Dad wasn't treating me well or something ridiculous. I chose my favourite green/turquoise ripped skinny jeans, dark blue sleeveless sheer top with a white Banda underneath and paired it with silver Supras. I look in the mirror and am pleased the outfit but my hair seemed to be sticking every where today. I grabbed my 'Hipsta Please' black SnapBack and flatten it over my hair. Wild parts still stuck out but it would have to do, for now. I grab my wallet and phone and make my way out of the building. It was a fairly nice day, sunny with warm air but a cool breeze and only a few clouds dotting the sky. Outside, in the streets, was busy as usual but I didn't mend, I had grown up with it and it felt comforting to be around so many people doing their things. But it was also pretty lonely, everyone had a place to go, a purpose for their rushed way of walking, leaving everything else around them unnoticed. I dawdled around just watching people but trying not to be creepy at the same time. I noticed a man seeming to have a tug of war match with a women in her early twenties. Her facial expression was one of anger and panic. Extinct kicked in and I found myself running over to her and jumping in the man's back. It distracted him a little while he tried to claw me off of him but I held on tight with my thighs and my left arm wrapped around his neck in a choke hold. I felt his fingers painfully dig into my arm so I used my free hand to hit him over the head repeatedly. I looked at the woman as I was hitting him and was happy to see that she was walking away quickly with her bag clutched tightly to her side. I quickly leap off the mans back and spin on my heels to make a run for it.

'You're not going anywhere.' The man sneered swiping out a hand to grab my arm and pulled me back. I almost wanted to yell at people for not noticing what was happening, freaking zombies. I try to get of the mans grasp but his fingers dig into my arm and I stop for fear of more pain. I turn to look at the man and stare at him indignantly.

'What do you want?' I spit, venom laced in my voice. He seemed taken back by my tone, probably not expecting me to fight back. Inside I was slightly scared.