•a very eventful capture the flag•

Dinner was more exciting then usual.

We all stood at our tables as Annabeth and two other Athena kids ran into the mess hall carrying their banner, a barn owl and olive tree on it.

On the other side, Clarisse and two Ares kids ran in with their banner, a spear and boar head.

Luke and Percy were talking, no doubt just Luke answering Percy's endless questions.

I was pretty annoyed at our teams. I had to fight for Ares, against Luke, Annabeth and Percy.

Whatever, maybe I'd guard flag and let them take it so Ares loses.

Chiron hammered his hoof. "Heroes! You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!"

The tables were covered in armor and any gear that may be needed. In front of me was my normal armor. Just some classic Greek armor with a dove engraved on the side of the helmet.

It was a birthday gift from Silena two years ago. She and Charlie hung out a lot during the winter and whatnot, so she and him would work on the helmet for me. Charlie had managed to enchant it so it'll always fit me, something I'm glad about.

He made two helmets the exact same way, but the plume of top were two different colors. Depending on who my cabin (more like me), was allied with, it would give me that helmet. This week I was with Ares, so I had my red one.

Silena helped me tighten my chest plate and arm guards, as the others stood around. "Go get them, Cor."

I smiled and nodded before walking up to Katie. She smiled at me, seemingly forgetting what happened four days ago, and we booed the blue team.

Annabeth glared at me. "Traitor!"

"Whatever!" I yelled, and Luke laughed at us as he walked behind her, Percy right next to him.

Oh. He was fighting in this.

Oh Gods, Clarisse was fighting in this.

Who in the world thought this was a good idea.

After blue team was gone, we all cheered as we ran into the woods, setting up flag. Clarisse had me going with her, needing my sword skills or something in case we came across Luke.

The horn sounded and we all started running through the woods. I would've definitely ran away from the Ares kids if I wasn't being dragged along by the back of my neck.

I looked up at the sky through the trees as I was dragged, sighing.

Suddenly I was shoved in front of bushes and met with sea green eyes.

"Holy crap, Coriane!" Percy yelled and stumbled away from me. "Don't scare me like that!"

"What?" I said and looked behind me. "Percy, ru—"

The Ares kids suddenly came from the bushes. "Cream the punk!"

I was trampled over and ignored as they all circled Percy.

I looked up and saw him already on the ground.

"Give him a haircut, grab his hair." Percy had his sword knocked away. "Oh wow, I'm scared of this guy. Really scared."

"The flag is that way." Percy said, and I knew he was scared and just wanted to be left alone.

"Yeah, but see, we don't care about the flag. We care about a guy who made our cabin look stupid." One of the kids said.

"You do that without my help." Percy said back to him.

That idiot.

I got up and took my ring off, twisting it's gem so it formed into a sword. I charged at Clarisse , but I was grabbed at my neck again.

This time, it was tight. I dropped my sword and held onto the hand as my vision went all blurry and my breathing grew shallow.

"Let her go!" A faint voice yelled.

"Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it?"

I knew they weren't going to kill me. But everything was weird.

My head hurt, my vision was all blurry and black dots clouded it. I could barley breathe anymore.

Where is Chiron?

I was suddenly dropped and I gasped for air. I held onto my neck, where there would definitely be a mark. My vision become clear and my hearing turned normal, right as cheers erupted.

Suddenly I was surrounded.

First I saw Percy, who also looked pretty rough. Then Annabeth and Luke were there.

"Oh Cor!" Annabeth said, her eyes holding concern in them. "I'm so sorry I didn't stop them. I saw almost the whole thing, but the moment she grabbed your neck and wouldn't let go I had to run off and find somebody."

"Annabeth, calm down." Fingers were held in my face. "Cor, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Including thumb or no?"

"I think she's okay."

I was propped up against a tree and given water. I looked around to see people with worried eyes, or some glaring down by the creek.

Luke and Annabeth left, allowing Chiron and Silena to come over.

"Coriane!" Silena said, tears brimmed her eyes and she cupped my face. "Oh Gods, are you okay? The moment Annabeth came rushing up to us, she was frantically saying you were being chocked out. Gods, Cor, I was so worried. Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

I shrugged.

Chiron frowned. "Clarisse and her siblings will be severely punished for this. I have ambrosia and nectar right here, eat this, it'll help bring you back to normal and take that mark away."

Chiron handed it to Silena who helped me eat and drink.

Suddenly there were yells, and when I looked, there was a hellhound jumping over Annabeth and latching onto Percy.

I jumped up and Silena wrapped an arm around me to keep me steady.

Percy stepped into the water, and my mouth dropped.

Above Percy, was a green trident.

Sign of Poseidon.

We all kneeled.

"Poseidon. Earth shaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God."